|Headquarters||360 7th Avenue - 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10001
|Service area||New York City
Arlington, Virginia (Rosslyn)
|Service type||Intercity Coach|
|Operator||DC Trails, Inc.|
Route and stop locations
The New York City pickup and drop-off stop is located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station/Madison Square Garden. The Washington, DC metro area stops are located in Bethesda, MD; Arlington, VA (Rosslyn area) and Lorton, VA. The Lorton route was initiated in January 2011.
|City||Bus Stop Location||Closest Metro/Rail Service|
|New York City||West 30th Street and 7th Avenue||Penn Station: 1 2 3 A C E Subway trains. NJ Transit, Long Island Railroad, Amtrak & New York Airport Service.
Herald Square Station: B D F M N Q R W Subway trains. Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH).
|Bethesda, MD||7401 Waverly Street||Bethesda Station: Red Line.|
|Arlington, VA||1801 N Lynn Street||Rosslyn Station: Blue, Orange and Silver Lines.|
|Lorton, VA||8990 Lorton Station Boulevard||VRE Station: VRE Fredericksburg Line.
Amtrak Station: Amtrak Auto Train.
The price for a seat on the Vamoose Bus starts at $20. In 2010, Vamoose added a new luxury service called the "Gold Bus". The gold bus primarily targets business travelers willing to pay a premium for first-class services i.e. wide leather seats, more legroom, fewer passengers per bus etc. The fare for a seat on the Gold Bus starts at $50.
Tickets must be purchased in advance via the website or by telephone. Upon purchase, passengers are given a reservation number and a printable e-ticket which is also sent via email.
Vamoose Bus maintains a loyalty program, similar to the frequent flyer program offered by many airlines. Vamoose Bus customers who are enrolled in the program would accumulate points corresponding to the amount paid for the seat. Once the applicable points threshold has been reached, the customer can then redeem them towards free trips on Vamoose Bus.
- Vamoose Bus provides luggage storage service to customer who wish to store their bags during their stay in New York City.
- In May 2015, Vamoose Bus initiated a new sprinter-van transportation service in New York City. The service provides small groups with shuttle transportation to/from area airports and other NYC metro area destinations.
Launched in 2004, Vamoose Bus initially served Tenleytown (near American University) and Downtown Washington, D.C., but in 2006 the company moved the stops outside the District of Columbia, after an injunction was obtained by Washington Deluxe, a competing bus line.
- "Vamoose Bus Will Open a Lorton Stop". Lorton Patch. December 22, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- "Vamoose Bus Launches Scheduled "Gold" Service between NYC and Washington Suburbs". Business Wire. June 24, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Information derived from the company's website.
- Vamoose Bus Rewards Program
- "D.C.-N.Y. Bus Shuffles Stops After Rival's Complaint". The Washington Post. August 28, 2006. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
|Look up vamoose in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This transport corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|