Sabnis was born on December 6, 1923. He received his high school education in Pandharpur and college education in Pune. After graduation, he joined Maharashtra state government’s information and public relations department.
Humor was the forte of Sabnis's writings.
He wrote plays, including Vichcha Majhi Puri Kara (विच्छा माझी पुरी करा), and screen scripts and dialogues for movies and dramas including the following:
- Songadya (सोंगाड्या)
- Bin Kamacha Navara (बिन कामाचा नवरा )
- Ekata Jeev Sadashiv (एकटा जीव सदाशीव)
- Harya Narya Zindabad (हर्या नार्या झिंदाबाद)
- Banyabapu (बन्याबापू)
- Choricha Mamla (चोरीचा मामला)
- Gammat Jammat (गम्मतजम्मत)
- Ashi Hi Banavabanavi (अशी ही बनवाबनवी)
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|