Vasile Gliga (born April 3, 1959) is a Romanian entrepreneur and the owner and founder of the Gliga Group, a company manufacturing string instruments. He was elected to the Parliament of Romania in 2008.
Born in Ibănești, Mureș County, Gliga is the owner of a Romanian enterprise manufacturing violins, violas and cellos in Reghin, Romania called the Gliga Group that has been operating since the 1990s. His son, Cristian, opened a US branch of the company in Pasadena, CA around 2001. The Gliga Group makes an estimated $5,000,000+ a year.
- "Grupurile de interese s-au instalat în Parlament". Capital. 10 December 2008. Retrieved 27 May 2009.
- Article from Time Magazine, 18 August 2003
- Company website, http://www.gliga.ro/
- US Branch website & Online Store, http://www.violinslover.com
- Canadian Store, http://www.violinslover.ca
- UK suppliers, http://elidatrading.co.uk and others
|This Romanian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|