|Born||October 16, 1946|
Vasyl Protyvsikh (Ukrainian: Василь Противсіх) (born Vasyl Vasylyovych Humenyuk, Ukrainian: Василь Васильович Гуменюк, born October 16, 1946) is a Ukrainian politician. He is best known as a self-nominated candidate in the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election, for which he changed his second name to Protyvsikh (ukr. for "Against all"). During the 2010 election he received 0.16% of the votes.
Vasyliy Humenyuk completed a law degree at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv after serving in the Soviet army. As a member of the Communist Party of Ukraine (although he insist he "never was and never will be a Leninist") Humenyuk was mayor of Yaremche from 1984 until the first democratic local elections in Ukraine in 1991. Later he headed the customs service in Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast. Humenyuk was numbered number 23 at party list of the electoral bloc KUCHMA during the 2007 Ukrainian parliamentary election.
Vasyliy nominated himself for the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election. On October 2, 2009 he changed his second name to Protyvsikh, that can be translated as "Against-everyone". Protyvsikh changed his surname to “express the opinions of all those citizens that are against all candidates and the disorder that Ukraine currently finds itself in”.
Protyvsikh claims "friends from around the world" assisted him in obtained the UAH 2.5 million deposit needed for his registration as presidential candidate. Protyvsikh considered Yulia Tymoshenko his main opponent in the presidential elections.
- (in Ukrainian) Він, вона, воно - і проти всіх, 1+1 (November 8, 2009)
- CEC registers two more candidates for Ukraine's president, Interfax-Ukraine (November 6, 2009)
- (in Ukrainian) ЦВК оприлюднила офіційні результати 1-го туру виборів, Gazeta.ua (January 25, 2010)
- Political Pulse: Presidential field takes shape, Kyiv Post (November 11, 2009)
- (in Ukrainian) Василь Противсіх з Івано-Франківська хоче стати Президентом України, взявши за приклад «бацька» Лукашенка, з якого колись теж сміялись, Z I K (November 5, 2009)
- (in Ukrainian) Василь Противсіх: колгоспник Лукашенко став президентом, чим я гірший? Archived 2009-11-10 at the Wayback Machine, ZAXID.NET (November 6, 2009)
- Three candidates united by disgust with authorities, Kyiv Post (November 19, 2009)
- Protyvsikh considers Tymoshenko his main opponent in presidential elections, Kyiv Post (November 10, 2009)
- Protyvsikh votes for 'Ukrainian Switzerland', Kyiv Post (January 17, 2010)