This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Technology news and analysis|
|Created by||Matt Marshall|
|Alexa rank||4,509 (August 2017[update])|
VentureBeat is an American technology website. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, it publishes news, analysis, long-form features, interviews, and videos.
In March 2009, VentureBeat signed a partnership agreement with IDG to produce DEMO Conference, a conference for startups to announce their launches and raise funding from venture capitalists and angel investors. In 2012, the partnership with IDG ended.
In 2014 and 2015, the company raised outside investor funding from Silicon Valley venture capitalist firms including CrossLink Capital, Walden Venture Capital, Rally Ventures, Formation 8 and Lightbank.
The VentureBeat web site comprises a series of distinct news "Beats": Big data, Business (general news), Cloud, Deals, Dev, Enterprise, Entrepreneur, Media, Mobile, Marketing, Security, Small Biz, and Social. In addition, the site includes a semi-separate publication, GamesBeat, as one of its major sections. GamesBeat focuses on videogames and the videogame industry.
VentureBeat's editorial team includes:
- Harrison Weber – executive editor, and has previously written for The Next Web and The Huffington Post.
- Dean Takahashi – covers gaming and previously worked for The Wall Street Journal and Los Angeles Times.
- Dylan Tweney -- former VentureBeat executive editor  and current editor at large.
- Morwenna Marshall -- current editor at large.
In September 2009, Matt Marshall took on the role of executive producer for the DEMO conference. Over the years a variety of companies have launched at DEMO including Boingo, TiVo, ETrade, VMware, Palm, Java, Symantec, Salesforce and others. In September 2012, VentureBeat ended its partnership with DEMO.
VentureBeat produces a variety of themed industry events, including MobileBeat, GamesBeat, and GrowthBeat. In addition, it produces several small, annual conclaves of C-level industry executives called Summits.
- "VentureBeat.com Site Overview". Alexa.com. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- "Company Overview of VentureBeat, Inc". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "VDEMO Gets Desperate: Shipley Out, Marshall In". Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Farewell, DEMO. It's been an incredible ride". 19 September 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "VentureBeat Ethics Statement". VentureBeat. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "About VentureBeat". VentureBeat. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Tweney, Dylan (9 June 2015). "It's time for new adventures". VentureBeat.
- Marshall, Matt. "Farewell, DEMO. It's been an incredible ride". VentureBeat. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "VentureBeat events". VentureBeat. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Mobile Summit 2013". VentureBeat. Retrieved 17 May 2013.