|Number of teams||16|
|Level on pyramid||Level 6|
|Promotion to||Schleswig-Holstein-Liga (until 2016)
Landesliga Schleswig-Holstein (from 2017)
|Current champions||TSG Concordia Schönkirchen
The Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein-Nord-Ost is the sixth tier of the German football league system and the second-highest league in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein, together with three other leagues at this level in the state. The league was formed at the end of the 2007-08 season, to replace the previously existing Bezirksoberligas at this level.
With the changes to the German football league system in 2008 that went alongside the introduction of the 3. Liga, four new Verbandsligas were formed in Schleswig-Holstein as the sixth tier of the league system, these being:
- Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein-Nord-Ost
- Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein-Nord-West
- Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein-Süd-Ost
- Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein-Süd-West
These four new Verbandsligas replaced the previously existing four Bezirksoberligas (BOL), who were, until then, divided into a northern, southern, eastern and western division. The Bezirksoberligas themselves had been formed in 1999. Other changes in the league system were the abolishing of the four Bezirksoberligas and the five Bezirksligas below them. Additionally, the regional alignment of the four new Verbandsligas differs from the Bezirksoberligas they replaced, making the change from one to the other more than just a renaming of leagues.
The new Verbandsliga Schleswig-Holstein-Nord-Ost was formed from nine clubs from the former Bezirksoberliga Schleswig-Holstein-Ost (VI), six clubs from the Bezirksliga Schleswig-Holstein-Ost (VII) and the TSV Groß Vollstedt from the Kreisliga Rendsburg-Eckernförde (VIII).
The league champions of each of the four Verbandsligas will earn promotion to the Schleswig-Holstein-Liga. Below the four Verbandsligas, 13 regional Kreisligas are placed. The bottom teams in the Verbandsligas will be relegated to the Kreisligas while the champions of those will earn promotion to the Verbandsligas. The Verbandsliga Nord-Ost covers the following three Kreise:
From the 2017-18 season onwards, the Verbandsligas will be contracted to 16 teams each and downgraded to seventh tier with the introduction of the new Landesliga Schleswig-Holstein (VI).
|2014–15||FC Kilia Kiel|
|2015–16||TSG Concordia Schönkirchen|
The league was formed from 16 clubs, which had played in the following leagues in 2007-08:
- From the Bezirksoberliga Schleswig-Holstein-Ost:
- Preetzer TSV, 2nd
- TSV Klausdorf, 4th
- Rendsburger TSV, 5th
- TSV Bordesholm, 6th
- Suchsdorfer SV, 9th
- Osterrönfelder TSV, 10th
- SV Friedrichsort, 11th
- Büdelsdorfer TSV, 13th
- SpVg Eidertal Molfsee, 14th
- From the Bezirksliga Schleswig-Holstein-Ost:
- Inter Türkspor Kiel, 1st
- TuS Holtenau, 2nd
- TSV Lütjenburg, 3rd
- TSV Kronshagen, 4th
- Gettorfer SC, 5th
- TuS Rotenhof, 6th
- From the 1. Kreisliga Rendsburg-Eckernförde:
- TSV Groß Vollstedt, 1st
- "Satzung und Ordnungen des Schleswig-Holsteinischen Fußballverbandes e. V." [Rules and regulations of the SHFV] (PDF) (in German). 31 May 2016. p. 72.
- "Neue Ligenstruktur und Verjüngung" [New league structure and rejuvenation]. fupa.net (in German). 31 May 2016.
- BOL Schleswig-Holstein-Ost table 2007-08 Fussball.de, accessed: 16 April 2009
- BL Schleswig-Holstein-Ost table 2007-08 Fussball.de, accessed: 16 April 2009
- Kreisliga Rendsburg-Eckernförde table 2007-08 Fussball.de, accessed: 16 April 2009
- Deutschlands Fußball in Zahlen, (German) An annual publication with tables and results from the Bundesliga to Verbandsliga/Landesliga, publisher: DSFS
- Kicker Almanach, (German) The yearbook on German football from Bundesliga to Oberliga, since 1937, published by the Kicker Sports Magazine
- Die Deutsche Liga-Chronik 1945-2005 (German) History of German football from 1945 to 2005 in tables, publisher: DSFS, published: 2006
- Das deutsche Fussball Archiv (German) Historic German league tables
- The Schleswig-Holstein Football Association (SHFV) (German)