|Industry||Software for museums and galleries|
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
Number of locations
|UK, South Africa and NZ|
|Products||Vernon CMS, eHive|
Vernon Systems Ltd (VSL) is a company that produces collections management software for museums, galleries, and other cultural heritage institutions. The company was established in 1985. It is based in Auckland, New Zealand, but sells its software internationally.
Vernon Systems has two major two products, widely used by the museum community: Vernon CMS is a modular desktop package designed to manage all types of collections; eHive is a simple to use web-based cataloguing and public access system which includes integration with the WordPress content management system. eHive is free for low levels of use, with graded charges depending on usage. eHive is the foundation of the NZMuseums website, a public website presenting New Zealand's museums and galleries and their collections online, presented at the Museums and the Web conference in 2009.
VSL has partnered with museum organizations including Collections Trust in the United Kingdom. It also participates in major international museum events such as the Museums and the Web conference and in the United Kingdom at the Museums + Heritage Show.
- "User Story – Vernon Systems". www.revsoft.co.uk. UK: Revelation Software. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- Vernon Systems Archived October 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine., Culture Pacific Museums Directory.
- "Company Directory – Vernon Systems". www.museum-id.com. Museum iD. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Vernon Systems". museuminsider.co.uk. museumINSIDER. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Vernon CMS (Collection Management System)". www.gbif.org. GBIF (Global Biodiversity Information Facility). Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Collection management systems" (PDF). mgnsw.org.au. Australia: Museums & Galleries of NSW. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "About NZMuseums". www.nzmuseums.co.nz. New Zealand: NZMuseums.
- "NZMuseums". www.museumsandtheweb.com. Museums and the Web. 2009. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- Rowe, Paul; Barnicoat, Wallis (2009). "NZMuseums: Showcasing the Collections of All New Zealand Museums". Museums and the Web. Archives & Museum Informatics. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Vernon Systems Spectrum Partner". UK: Collections Trust.
- "Vernon Systems". www.museumsandtheweb.com. Museums and the Web. 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Vernon Systems Ltd". show.museumsandheritage.com. Museums + Heritage Show. Retrieved 25 January 2017.