Vic Gerami is an Armenian-American journalist, LGBT activist, and columnist based in Los Angeles, California. He is the host and producer of the radio show The Blunt Post with Vic and the editor and publisher of The Blunt Post.
A noted columnist, Gerami is a journalist and media contributor who is also publisher and editor of The Blunt Post.
He spent six years at Frontiers, followed by LA Weekly and Voice Media Group. His syndicated celebrity Questions & Answer column, 10 Questions with Vic, was a finalist for LA Press Club's National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Award in 2017.
Today reaching national international audiences, Gerami first built a foundation of knowledge and skills by learning the media industry during his years at Frontiers Magazine, followed by positions at LA Weekly and Voice Media Group. For the second time, Gerami was selected as a finalist in the Los Angeles Press Club’s National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards “Columnist of the Year” category in 2019, having first made the final round of consideration in 2017. His celebrity Q&A column, ‘10 Questions with Vic‘ is internationally syndicated.
Gerami is a contributor to the LGBTQ San Diego County News, Windy City Times, Houston Voice, DC Life Magazine, Out & About Nashville, Q Virginia, GNI MAG, QNotes, GoWeHo, Asbarez, The California Courier, Desert Daily Guide, Armenian Weekly, GED, The Pride LA, IN Magazine, Out Traveler, The Fight Magazine and The Advocate Magazine, among others.
In 2009, Gerami was noted in The Wall Street Journal as a "leading gay activist in West Hollywood" opposed Prop 8 and advocate for marriage equality and the Los Angeles Blade. He was on the planning committee of Resist March 2017 and is a founding board member of Equality Armenia.
Gerami is a member of the team at You Matter-Not Alone, a charitable organization dedicated to suicide prevention and suicide awareness.
- "Exploring New Frontiers in LGBTQ Media in an Age of Resistance and Backlash – Los Angeles Press Club". 29 July 2017. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "INDEPENDENT RADIO KPFK ANNOUNCES DEBUT of 'THE BLUNT POST WITH VIC' NOW on MONDAYS at 7 a.m. with HOST VIC GERAMI". THE BLUNT POST. 2020-03-05. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "THE BLUNT POST with VIC". KPFK 90.7 FM. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "10 QUESTIONS with VIC Archives". THE BLUNT POST. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "Singer, Hollywood Holland on Releasing Her COVID-19 Inspired New Single". Brave New Hollywood. 2020-05-22. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "EuroPride 2019: Vienna Celebrates Stonewall 50". www.outtraveler.com. 2019-09-05. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "Never Give Up | The Fight Magazine". thefightmag.com. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "Spectacular Lake Como, Italy". IN Magazine. 2018-12-04. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "Hey Armenia, We Need to Talk". The Armenian Weekly. 2018-08-17. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "OPEN LETTER: To the Prime Minister of Armenia on the Welfare of the LGBTQ+ Community". The Pride LA. 2018-08-16. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "Why You'll Never Regret Going to Pride in Milan". www.advocate.com. 2019-05-25. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "'You have no right to call yourself Armenian' Say Gay Man's Attackers". The Armenian Weekly. 2019-02-19. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "Motherland". imdb.com. Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- "Motherland". Retrieved 2022-06-27.
- Carlton, Jim (2008-12-27). "Gay Activists Boycott Backers of Prop 8". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-06-07.
- "Armenian-American LGBTQ community finds catharsis in The Promise". Los Angeles Blade: LGBT News, Rights, Politics, Entertainment. 2017-05-20. Retrieved 2020-06-14.
- Armenia, Equality. "We're stronger together". Equality Armenia. Retrieved 2020-06-14.