Pavlov was born in Moscow. After graduating from the M. Schepkin Theatre School, he worked in some of the most popular theatres of Moscow: 1963-1965 - Sovremennik Theatre, Yermolova Theatre (1965-1969), Mayakovsky Theatre (1969-1977), Malyi Theatre (1977-1985), Yermolova Theatre (1985-1990), Malyi Theatre (1990-2006).
He appeared in over 120 films in his native country. His first appearance on film was in When the Trees Were Tall (1961). His most popular films are: Operation Y, The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed, Twelve Chairs, The Adjutant of His Excellency, Dauria, Trial on the Road, Gambrinus, and Deti ponedelnika. His last appearances were in The Envy of Gods (2000), DMB (2000) and Brigada (2002).
Honors and awards
- People's Artist of Russia (1994)
- Moscow Première prize for his acting in The Forest by Alexander Ostrovsky
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 4th class
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
He died in Moscow on August 24, 2006, aged 65 of natural causes.
- Major Whirlwind (Майор "Вихрь", 1967) as Kolya
- Trial on the Road (1971) as Kutenko
- Dauria (Даурия, 1971) as Nikifor, a hard core Cossack
- The Adjutant of His Excellency (Адъютант его превосходительства, 1974) as Miron Osadchy
- Say a Word for the Poor Hussar (О бедном гусаре замолвите слово…, 1981) as jailer Stepan
- Lilac Ball (Лиловый шар, 1987) as Man-eater
- All Costs Paid (За всё заплачено, 1988) as Snegirev
- Bright Personality (Светлая личность, 1988) as Cain Dobroglasov
- Gardemarines ahead! (Гардемарины, вперёд!, 1988) as Kotov
- Katala (Катала, 1989) as "Сrucian", criminal
- The Master and Margarita (Мастер и Маргарита, 1994) as Behemoth
- Demobbed (ДМБ, 2000) as General Talalaev
- The Envy of Gods (Зависть богов, 2000) as Vilen
|This article about a Russian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|