This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||March 2012|
|Operating system||Windows XP or newer, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, iOS 4 or higher, Android|
|Type||Whiteboard animation software|
VideoScribe is software for creating whiteboard animations automatically.
It was launched in 2012 by UK company Sparkol. By April 2014 it had more than 250,000 users in 135 countries around the world.
In April 2013, American school children used VideoScribe to create a message for Barack Obama, pleading with the US President to reinstate their tour of the White House after it was cancelled by federal budget cuts. UK Chancellor George Osborne narrated a scribe to explain the Spending Round on the British Government website in June 2013. The following month, VideoScribe was recommended on the BBC News website. The VideoScribe iPad app won Best Mobile/Tablet B2B App at the 2013 MOMA Awards after being nominated in three categories. Mashable have used VideoScribe to make several whiteboard videos for their website.
VideoScribe is available as a desktop version, an iPad app and an Android app on Google Play. The desktop version allows a seven-day free trial after which users can buy VideoScribe Pro on monthly, yearly or one-off subscriptions, which gives users rights for commercial and resell use. There are multi-user discounts for businesses and education establishments.
- VideoScribe stats Archived April 27, 2014, at the Wayback Machine., Sparkol press page.
- VideoScribe features, VideoScribe Instant Answers.
- Corcoran, Dan (9 April 2013). Frontier Elementary students send message to President Obama, WPTV News Channel 5.
- What is the spending round? Video, GOV.UK.
- Chorley, Matt (21 June 2013). Spending cuts for beginners: Osborne launches cartoon explaining 'tough choices' as new figures show RISE in borrowing, Mail Online.
- Russell, Kate (5 July 2013). Webscape: Animation tools, BBC News online.
- MOMA 2013 Results Archived August 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., Marketing on Mobile Awards.
- Al-Greene, Bob (21 March 2014). The Illustrated History of Twitter, Mashable.
- VideoScribe Pro licence details, VideoScribe pricing page.