|IQA World Championships|
Vikram Joshi ( 2 February 1977 - 14 April 2018) was an Indian quizzer and quizmaster who won the World Quizzing Championship (WQC) 2014.. He was the first winner who wasn't based in England. In the 2013 contest, he stood 9th.
Joshi was born and raised in a scholarly Konkani Saraswat family based in Mumbai. Academically meritorious throughout, he studied Instrumentation Engineering at Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technology (VESIT), followed by a master’s in Electronics Engineering at the University of Virginia. Soon after he worked at Sun Microsystems in Boston before returning to India, where he worked as a creative media professional.
After his WQC win, Joshi appeared in the eighth season of Kaun Banega Crorepati (an Indian television game show based on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?) as one of the experts on the 'Triguni' lifeline (similar to the Three Wise Men lifeline on the US edition)
Joshi was first diagnosed with lymphatic cancer in 2011. He passed away on 14 April 2018.
- "Facebook post, Priya Joshi Kalyanpur".
- "Man on the buzzer". Mint.
- ibnlive 2014
- "Kaun Banega Crorepati, Season 8: Hit opening or a flop show?".
- "Facebook post, IIT Bombay".
- "6 Best Indian College Quizzes for Every Quiz Maniac".
- "IIM Indore Hosts Nihilanth 2016, Wins the Business Quiz".
- "First ever National Elections Quiz on RSTV". Rajya Sabha TV.
- "National Election Quiz 2018 draws to a close with record participation". DD News.
|This biographical article related to Indian sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|