Bologan in 2013
|Born||14 December 1971|
Chişinău, Moldavian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2574 (January 2019)|
|Peak rating||2734 (August 2012)|
Viktor (Viorel) Bologan (born 14 December 1971) is a Moldovan chess grandmaster and chess author. In 1996, Bologan successfully defended a doctoral thesis on the structure of preparation of high level chess players at the Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism.
Bologan won the first two editions of the Karpov Poikovsky Tournament, in 2000 and 2001. He tied for first in the same tournament in 2005 and 2015. In 2003 he won the Aeroflot Open and Dortmund.
He also has three children, Katy, Anton and Platon.
- Bologan, Viktor (2007). Victor Bologan: Selected Games 1985–2004. Russell Enterprises Inc. ISBN 978-1-888690-37-8
- Bologan, Viktor (2008). The Chebanenko Slav According to Bologan. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-246-8.
- Bologan, Viktor (2009). The King's Indian According to Bologan. A Complete Black Repertoire. Chess Stars. ISBN 978-954-8782-71-5.
- Bologan, Victor (2011). The Rossolimo Sicilian. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-345-8.
- Bologan, Viktor (2012). The Powerful Catalan: A Complete Repertoire for White. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-401-1.
- Bologan, Viktor (2014). Bologan's Black Weapons in the Open Games: How to Play for a Win if White Avoids the Ruy Lopez. New In Chess. ISBN 9056915436.
- Bologan, Victor (2015). Bologan’s Ruy Lopez for Black. How to Play for a Win against the Spanish Opening. New In Chess. ISBN 978-90-5691-607-7
ChessBase Fritztrainer opening DVDs
- Bologan, Viktor (2009). The King's Indian. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase. ISBN 978-3-86681-139-3.
- Bologan, Viktor (2009). The Caro–Kann. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase. ISBN 978-3-86681-131-7.
- Bologan, Viktor (2010). The Sicilian Rossolimo for White. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor (2010). The Fighting Philidor. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor (2011). Beating the Sicilian: Grandmaster Bologan's Repertoire Vol. 1, 2 and 3. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor. The Catalan: A complete repertoire for White! Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Bologan, Viktor. Fritz for the French. Fritztrainer opening DVD, ChessBase.
- Viktor is his official name, Viorel is his home name; according to his autobiography he is called Viorel by his mother.
- Silver, Albert (13 May 2014). "XV Karpov-Poikovsky starts with firebrand lineup". ChessBase. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Crowther, Mark (2005-03-07). "TWIC 539: 6th Poikovsky Karpov tournament". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "GM Anton Korobov wins 16th Poikovsky Karpov chess tournament". ChessBase. 2015-10-07. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "The Week in Chess: 40th Bosna International 2010". Chess.co.uk. Archived from the original on 1 April 2012. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Viorel Bologan". OlimpBase. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Victor Bologan.|
- Viktor Bologan chess games at 365Chess.com
- Viktor Bologan player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Profile of Victor Bologan.
- Sparkassen 2003 Tournament
- Interview with Victor Bologan
- Bisik-Bisik with GM Victor Bologan
|This biographical article relating to a Moldovan chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|