|Occupation(s)||Comic artist, filmmaker|
Vincent Paronnaud (born 20 February 1970), a.k.a. Winshluss, is a French comics artist and filmmaker.
Paronnaud was born in La Rochelle. He is French comic book writer and artist. His works comprise one shots: Super negra (1999), Monsieur Ferraille (2001), Pat Boon (2001), Welcome to the Death Club (2002), Smart monkey (2002), Cornélius ou l'art de la mouscaille et du pinaillage (2007), Pinocchio (2008), Flip et Flopi 1996 1998, In God We Trust (2013) and Les fées - An electric story (2014), as well as comic book series (AUT) Winshluss (2004-2014) and Wizz et Buzz (2006-2007).
Paronnaud is best known for cowriting and codirecting with Marjane Satrapi the highly acclaimed animated film Persepolis (2007), for which they received numerous awards including the Jury Prize at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival as well as an Academy Award nomination for Best Animated Feature.
- The Cinema for Peace Award for the Most Valuable Film of the Year, shared with Marjane Satrapi for Persepolis in 2008.
- Globe de Cristal for Best Film for Persepolis in 2008
- Prize for best album for Winshluss's Pinocchio, 2009 Festival International de la Bande Dessinée, Angoulême.
- Noor Iranian Film Festival award in 2013 for Best Animation Director, shared with Marjane Satrapi, on Chicken with Plums
- Amour, Galerie Vallois, Paris, France (2009)
- Comics are like Far West, Galerie Chappe, Paris (2008)
- ^ "Vincent Paronnaud - Réalisateur et auteur de BD français". Le Figaro. Retrieved 21 December 2020.
- ^ "Winshluss - Bibliographie, BD, photo, biographie".
- ^ "Festival de Cannes: Persepolis". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- ^ "80th Academy Awards Nominations Announced" (Press release). Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- ^ "Palmarès officiel 2009—Fauve d'or: Prix du meilleur album". Festival International de la Bande Dessinée. Archived from the original on 2009-03-05. Retrieved 2009-03-09.