Paronnaud was born in La Rochelle. He is best known for cowriting and codirecting with Marjane Satrapi the highly acclaimed animated film Persepolis (2007), for which they received numerous awards including the Jury Prize at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival as well as an Academy Award nomination for Best Animated Feature.
- "Cinema for Peace Award 2008 for Most Valuable Movie of the Year" for "Persepolis" by Vincent Paronnaud and Marjane Satrapi.
- Prize for best album for Winshluss's Pinocchio, 2009 Festival International de la Bande Dessinée, Angoulême.
- Noor Iranian Film Festival award in 2013 for Best Animation Director, shared with Marjane Satrapi, on Chicken with Plums
- Amour, Galerie Vallois, Paris, France (2009)
- Comics are like Far West, Galerie Chappe, Paris (2008)
- "Festival de Cannes: Persepolis". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- "80th Academy Awards Nominations Announced" (Press release). Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- "Palmarès officiel 2009—Fauve d'or: Prix du meilleur album". Festival International de la Bande Dessinée. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
|This profile of a European comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|