Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Original author(s)||Johan Piculell|
|Initial release||March 19, 1999|
4.4 / October 9, 2012
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows (2000/XP/Vista/7/10)|
|Type||Virtual desktop manager|
|License||GNU General Public License|
VirtuaWin is an open source virtual desktop manager for Microsoft Windows systems. It allows the user to organize applications over several virtual desktops, providing the multiple-desktop feature present in Linux system to Windows users.
- The application runs in the background, and appears in the system tray. Keyboard shortcuts can be configured for direct access to each of the virtual desktops. Mouse desktop changing is also supported, by moving the mouse to the edge of a desktop.
- By clicking on the tray icon, the user may access some of the windows on another desktop, or make some window a "sticky" window - one that is present on each of the virtual desktops.
- The number of available virtual desktops may be configured between 2 and 9, where 4 is the default setting.
- A portable version for VirtuaWin is available, in addition to the regular installer.
- Ionut Ilascu, 20-Desktop Vista. Manage up to 20 desktops with almost no footprint on resources., Softpedia review, 22 January 2009
- Ron Barrett, Five great Windows open source tools, Network World, 02/13/09
- "Revision History". VirtuaWin@SF.