Viva (2015 film)
|Directed by||Paddy Breathnach|
|Written by||Mark O'Halloran|
|Edited by||Stephen O'Connell|
|Music by||Stephen Rennicks|
Viva is a 2015 Spanish-language Irish drama film, set in Cuba, directed by Paddy Breathnach and written by Mark O'Halloran. The film stars Héctor Medina as a young drag performer who, after reuniting with his estranged father, must come to terms with his sexuality. The film was selected as the Irish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards. It made the December shortlist of nine films, but was not nominated.
- Jorge Perugorría as Angel
- Luis Alberto García as Mama
- Héctor Medina as Jesus
- Jorge Martinez as Celeste
- Luis Manuel Alvarez as Cindy
- Maikel “Renata” Machin Blanco as Pamela
- Laura Alemán as Cecilia
- Paula Ali as Nita
- Luis Angel Batista as Don
- Luis Daniel Ventura as Kali
- Maikol Villa Puey as William
- Oscar Ibarra as Javier
- Libia Batista as Lazara
- Tomas Cao as Nestor
- Jorge Acosta as Lydia
- Mark O'Halloran as Ray
- List of submissions to the 88th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Irish submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Viva (15)". British Board of Film Classification. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Viva at Box Office Mojo
- "Oscars: Ireland Selects Cuba-Set 'Viva' As Foreign Language Film Entry". Deadline. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Irish Film: Viva selected as Irish entry for Best Foreign Language Film for 88th Oscars". Ccannain. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Ritman, Alex (17 September 2015). "Oscars: Ireland Selects 'Viva' For Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Advance In Oscar Race". Oscars. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Kilday, Gregg (17 December 2015). "Oscars: Nine Titles Advance in Foreign Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 18 December 2015.