|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||45–50 mins|
|Original network||Channel 4|
|Original release||14 April 1993 – 24 June 1994|
The series was filmed in a sound stage in West London, with the set designed to resemble a cabaret club. The programme's house band included drummer Ray Weston (of Wishbone Ash) and members of Pink Floyd's touring band.
The first episode, which debuted on 14 April 1993, was hosted by Tom Jones. Subsequent hosts included Julian Clary, Mark Lamarr, Mike McShane, Jools Holland, Mark Thomas, Eartha Kitt, Paul O'Grady as Lily Savage, and Lee Evans. Competition for slots on the show was intense, with many stars of the British alternative comedy circuit hoping to make an appearance. In addition to the show's British stars, regular international guests included Americans Greg Proops and Sandra Bernhard, and Australia's Doug Anthony All Stars.
- Viva Cabaret! (1993–94), British Film Institute.
- Drummer Ray Weston, Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash.
- Ferguson, Tim (2013). Carry a Big Stick. Sydney: Hachette. ISBN 9780733629358.
- Rampton, James: TELEVISION / BRIEFING: A quiet night in on the town, The Independent, 14 April 1993.
- Simpson, Neil (2013). Paul O'Grady – The Biography. London: John Blake Publishing. ISBN 1843582414.
|This comedy television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|