William Hemsley (botanist)
(Redirected from W. B. Hemsley)Jump to navigation Jump to search
He was born in East Hoathly, Sussex and in 1860 started work at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew as an Improver, then Assistant for India in the Herbarium, finally Keeper of Herbarium and Library. He wrote a number of botanical works.
- Biologica Centrali-Americana Botany. Vol. I , 1879–1888
- Biologica Centrali-Americana Botany. Vol. III, 1882–1886
- Botany of the Bermudas and various other Islands of the Atlantic and Southern Oceans, 1885
- Botany of Juan Fernandez, South-eastern Molluccas, and the Admiralty Islands, 1885
- An Enumeration of All the Plants Known from China Proper, Formosa, Hainan, Corea, the Luchu Archipelago, and the Island of Hong Kong. with Francis B. Forbes, 1887
- William Botting Hemsley finding aid collection held at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew archives.
|This article about an English scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|