|Broadcast area||Gainesville, Florida|
|Branding||Gold 99 FM|
|Repeater(s)||99.7 FM (WGMA) (serving the Ocala, Silver Springs, and The Villages area)|
|First air date||1986|
Christmas music (November-December)
|ERP||WGMW: 2,200 watts
WGMA: 2,000 watts
|HAAT||WGMW: 144 meters (472 ft)
WGMA: 174.5 meters (573 ft)
|Class||WGMW & WGMA: both A|
|Facility ID||WGMW: 76433
|Former callsigns||WBEQ (7/1998-10/1998)
(RDA Broadcast Holdings, LLC)
WGMW is a commercial radio station in LaCrosse, Florida, broadcasting to the Gainesville, Florida area on 99.5 FM. The station was owned by JVC Media and previously had broadcast a Dance Top 40 format billed as "Party 99.5," whose direction was patterned after its sister station in Long Island, New York, WPTY. Prior to the flip on June 1, 2013, it had programmed a news/talk format as 99.5 The Star. On December 26, 2013, WBXY and its Dance format moved over to WXJZ, where they simulcasted until January 2014, when JVC announced the sale of the station to RDA Broadcast Holdings, LLC, who on June 4, 2014, flipped WBXY to a simulcast of WGMA, a new station that signed on at 99.7 and serving the Ocala area.
The sale to RDA Broadcast Holdings, at a price of $3.5 million, was consummated on June 3, 2014.
The station changed its call sign to the current WGMW on June 5, 2014.
WGMW changed their format from adult standards to soft adult contemporary on June 6, 2016. (info taken from stationintel.com)
- Clark, Anthony (May 30, 2013). "New owners swiftly pull the plug on local political talk show". The Gainesville Sun. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- Gainesville's Party On The Move from Radio Insight (December 19, 2013)
- JVC Spins Off WBXY Gainesville from Radio Insight (January 20, 2014)
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WGMW
- Radio-Locator information on WGMW
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WGMW
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WGMA
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|