|City||La Crosse, Wisconsin|
|Branding||Today's Talk 1490|
|First air date||1947 (as WLCX)|
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|Former callsigns||WLCX (1947-1983)
|Owner||Mississippi Valley Broadcasters, LLC
(Mississippi Valley Broadcaster, LLC, Debtor-in-Possession)
|Sister stations||WKBH-FM, KQEG, WLXR, WQCC|
WLFN (1490 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a talk format. Licensed to La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States, the station serves the La Crosse area. The station is currently owned by Mississippi Valley Broadcasters, LLC, Debtor-in-Possession. All the stations of the "La Crosse Radio Group" are housed at 1407 2nd Avenue North in Onalaska, WI.
Originally 1490 was known as WLCX. On June 20, 1947, that station began broadcasting on 1490 kHz with 250 W power. On July 1, 1947, WLCK became an ABC affiliate. The station was owned by Bermac Radio, Inc.
The station was assigned the call letters WLXR on 1983-09-07. On 1988-12-16, the station changed its call sign to the current WLFN, to reflect "Fun 1490" and the Oldies format WLFN previously had an adult standards format and featured programing from CNN Radio and Dial Global's America's Best Music format. As an adult standards station, the station's programming switched to a holiday music format from Thanksgiving Day through Christmas. On July 1, 2012, WLFN switched formats from adult standards to talk, with the branding "Today's Talk 1490".
- "WLFN Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "New WLCX at La Crosse Becomes ABC Affiliate" (PDF). Broadcasting. July 14, 1947. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- . "WLFN Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- LaCrosse's Station for Today's Talk www.1490wlfn.com. Accessed June 27, 2012
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WLFN
- Radio-Locator Information on WLFN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WLFN
|This article about a radio station in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|