|Broadcast area||South Bend, Indiana|
|Branding||AM: Frank 1340
FM: News Talk 95.3 MNC
|Slogan||Michiana's News Channel|
|Frequency||AM: 1340 kHz
FM: 95.3 MHz (also on HD Radio)
|Format||AM: Adult standards
|Power||AM: 1,000 watts unlimited|
|ERP||FM: 5,500 watts|
|HAAT||FM: 84 meters|
|Facility ID||AM: 51728
|Callsign meaning||Truth Radio Corporation|
|Former callsigns||FM: WAOR
|Affiliations||Fox News Radio, Regional Radio Sports Network|
(Pathfinder Communications Corporation)
|Sister stations||WAOR, WBYT, WNIL, WRBR-FM|
|Webcast||AM: Listen Live
FM: Listen Live
WTRC (1340 AM; "Frank 1340") and WTRC-FM (95.3 FM; "News Talk 95.3 MNC") are radio stations broadcasting an adult standards format on AM and a news/talk format on FM. WTRC broadcasts from Elkhart, Indiana, and WTRC-FM broadcasts from Niles, Michigan. WTRC is owned by Federated Media. The two stations offer separate morning programs (with WTRC focusing on Elkhart and WTRC-FM focusing on South Bend; they jointly broadcast syndicated programming, including Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. WTRC is also a Fox News Radio affiliate. In programming and on-air presentation, the stations take closely after Federated's news/talk station in Fort Wayne, WOWO.
Prior to switching to a news/talk format on May 10, 2010, WTRC briefly aired an oldies format as "Hippie Radio 1340", and featured programing from Citadel Media and Dial Global. Before becoming "Hippie Radio 1340" in August 2009, WTRC had a similar news/talk format as "News Radio 1340". On May 5, 2014, WTRC split from the simulcast of WTRC-FM and returned to focusing on Elkhart through a partnership with sister newspaper The Elkhart Truth (from which the "Truth Radio 1340" branding is derived), including a separate morning show; the two stations continue to jointly broadcast most other programming.
Before adopting the current format 95.3 FM had a classic rock format as WAOR. Following the change in formats WAOR moved, along with the classic rock format, up the dial to 95.7 FM. 95.3 first began broadcasting as WNIL-FM. The station also simulcasts Penn High School football from the Regional Radio Sports Network.
On February 21, 2017 WTRC (AM) split from its simulcast with WTRC-FM's talk format and changed their format to adult standards, branded as "Frank 1340".
- King, Marshall V. (April 29, 2014). "Coming soon: Truth Radio 1340 is launching on Monday". The Elkhart Truth. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- Meenan, Jim (April 14, 2010). "Michiana radio stations to see talk shows, program formats shifting". South Bend Tribune. Retrieved April 16, 2010.
- <iframe name="HDRadioStations588" scrolling="no" src="http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?realid=588&utm_source=Station%2BGuide%2BIncludes&utm_term=&utm_medium=Widget&utm_campaign=Station%2BGuides" height="530" width="401" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe>
- WTRC tunes in to music ETruth.com August 15, 2009. Accessed May 14, 2010
- Local radio to see changes Meenan, Jim. South Bend Tribune. April 15, 2010. Accessed May 14, 2010
- FM-DX QSL/Veries Accessed May 14, 2010
- Frank Brings Standards to Elkhart Radioinsight - February 21, 2017
- Official WTRC website
- Official WTRC-FM website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WTRC
- Radio-Locator Information on WTRC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WTRC
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WTRC
- Radio-Locator information on WTRC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WTRC