Coordinates: 29°57′26″N 31°18′49″E / 29.95722°N 31.31361°E
Wadi Degla Sporting Club (Classical Arabic: نادي وادي دجلة الرياضي) (Egyptian Arabic: وادي دجلة , Wadi Degla) is an Egyptian football club based in Cairo. In 2009–10, it was promoted to the Egyptian Premier League for the first time in its history.
In 2009–10 Egyptian Second Division, Wadi Degla made history. The team defeated El-Sekka El-Hadid 3–1 in the last week of the competition to seal promotion to the highest level of football in Egypt, Egyptian Premier League, for the first time in its history. It took Wadi Degla only one season to promote from the second division to the premier league. This is a historical achievement that was only reached once before by Al-Mokawloon Al-Arab (a.k.a. Arab Contractors) in 1981.
Wadi Degla has a large youth football academy. It is a similar project to that of ASEC Mimosas. The club has a close relationship with England's Arsenal Football Club.
The following clubs are affiliated with Wadi Degla:
Honours and achievements
Performance in CAF competitions
- As of 5 July 2018.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Hesham Zakaria (July 1, 2007 – May 23, 2010)
- Walter Meeuws (May 24, 2010 – June 30, 2012)
- Hesham Zakaria (July 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012)
- Mohamed Gamal (Jan 1, 2013 – April 5, 2013)
- Hany Ramzy (April 6, 2013 – Jan 12, 2014)
- Hesham Zakaria (Jan 13, 2014– Oct 1, 2014)
- Hamada Sedki (Oct 1, 2014–Jan 14, 2016)
- Patrice Carteron (Jan 15, 2016– Nov 15, 2016)
- Mido (Nov 15, 2016–Dec 2017)
- Tarek El Ashry (Jan 17, 2018–May 2018)
- Takis Gonias (June 12, 2018–Present)