|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2010)|
Wales Live was to be the new provider of regional news on ITV Cymru Wales. It is a part of UTV and NWN Media's successful IFNC bid to provide regional news in Wales that was accepted by the Culture Secretary, Ben Bradshaw. The news would be issued across all mediums, including television, newspaper, radio, and online news applications. The radio station Swansea Sound was also included in the contract made by the two other companies. The Wales Live provider beat out the opposition of Tinopolis, ITN, and Media Wales to become the preferred provider for the area. The director, Michael Wilson, has stated that he expects the pilot to be running by October 2010.
The Celtic Media Festival is to be sponsored by Wales Live and UTV.
In June 2010, it was scapped, along with other Pilots in the Border/Tyne Tees regions.
- "UTV bids for ITV Wales news pilot" - The Guardian
- "UTV bid to run pilot independent news service for Wales" - BBC News
- "Preferred ITV Wales news provider chosen" - BBC News
- "Select UTV to provide news" - BBC News
- "Culture Secretary names UTV consortium as preferred bidder for ITV news" - Wales Online
- "Trinity makes second bid for TV news licence" - Hold the Front Page
- "UTV 'to launch ITV news pilot by October'" - Digital Spy
- "UTV hopes to launch Welsh ITV news pilot by October" - The Guardian
- "Wales Live to co-host festival reception" - The Leader
- Wales Live Website
- "Ulster TV to run ITV news in Wales" - Wales Online
- "UTV Media Helps Launch 'Wales Live'" - Northern Ireland News
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Wales-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|