|Minister of Information|
June 2011 – 15 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Najib Mikati|
|Succeeded by||Ramzi Joreig|
|Born||1958 (age 58–59)|
|Alma mater||Saint Joseph University|
Early life and education
Daouk is a board member of various companies. He was appointed information minister to the cabinet led by prime minister Najib Mikati in July 2011. Daouk was an independent member of the cabinet and was appointed to the post by Mikati. In March 2013, Daouk drafted the Lebanese internet regulation act, which was regarded by the world association of newspapers and news publishers as a threat for online freedoms. He was also the government commissioner at the Beirut stock exchange.
Daouk's term as information minister ended on 15 February 2014 and Ramzi Joreig succeeded him in the post.
- "Board of Directors". Fransabank Group. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "The New Lebanese Government" (PDF). Lebanese Information Center. July 2011. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Lebanon government 'does not signal radical shift'". Gulf News. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Wael, Farah (15 March 2013). "Online freedoms threatened in Lebanon". WAN. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Lebanese cabinet formed after 10-month stalemate". Al Arabiya. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.