From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up walking in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Walking is the main form of animal locomotion on land, distinguished from running and crawling.
Walking may also refer to:
- Fulling, also called walking or waulking, a step in making woolen cloth
- Hiking, walking as a form of exercise or recreation, especially in a nature setting
- Walkout, a form of protest, particularly in a labor context
- Base on balls, also called a walk, in baseball, an award of first base to a batter following four balls being thrown by the pitcher
- Traveling (basketball), also called walking, taking too many steps with the basketball without dribbling it
- Walking, in cricket, a batter leaving the pitch without waiting for the umpire to declare him out
- Racewalking, a track & field (athletics) event
- Walking (film), a 1968 film by Ryan Larkin
- "Walking" (Thoreau), an 1861 essay by Henry David Thoreau
- a walking bass
- Walkin', a 1954 album by Miles Davis
- "Walking", a song by The Kelly Family
- "Walking", a song by Soul Asylum from their 1984 album Say What You Will, Clarence...Karl Sold the Truck
- "Walking", a song by Tindersticks from their 1997 album Curtains
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Walking.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.