|Full name||Timothy Walter Raleigh|
|Date of birth||1 July 1895|
|Place of birth||Geelong, Victoria|
|Date of death||16 October 1960(aged 65)|
|Place of death||Melbourne, Victoria|
|Original team(s)||Fitzroy Juniors|
|Height||177 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||76 kg (168 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1921.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Timothy Walter 'Wally' Raleigh (1 July 1895 – 16 October 1960) was an Australian rules footballer who played with Collingwood and Carlton in the Victorian Football League (VFL) and Brunswick in the Victorian Football Association.
Raleigh only managed to play six times during his three seasons at Collingwood and after the war crossed to Carlton. In contrast to his stint with Collingwood, Raleigh barely missed a game for Carlton and played in five finals. The last of those was the narrow loss to Richmond in the 1921 VFL Grand Final, which he played from a half back flank.
In a 1926 match against Northcote, Raleigh and teammate Hassett reported to the club secretary that a boundary umpire had used abusive language towards them during the match. The Association found the boundary umpire not guilty; and, it found Raleigh and Hassett guilty of having made a false charge against the boundary umpire, and deregistered both players until 31 May 1927. The club was so incensed by the outcome that it decided to withdraw from the Association immediately. The club was ultimately readmitted to the VFA prior to the following season under a new committee, but Raleigh retired before his suspension was finished.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wally Raleigh.|
- "Wally Raleigh". Blueseum - Online Carlton Football Club Museum. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Brunswick players suspended". The Argus. Melbourne, VIC. 19 August 1926. p. 12.
- "Football sensation – club leaves Association". The Argus. Melbourne, VIC. 21 August 1926. p. 32.
- "Brunswick's position". The Argus. Melbourne, VIC. 18 January 1927. p. 7.
- "Football – Brunswick players meet". The Argus. Melbourne, VIC. 22 February 1927. p. 12.
- Wally Raleigh's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Holmesby, Russell and Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers. 7th ed. Melbourne: Bas Publishing.