The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Walt Crawford is an American writer specializing in libraries. He is primarily concerned with technology-related issues in the library sector. He has also written extensively on open access, publishing detailed surveys of gold open access journals based on data in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
Crawford worked for the California-based national consortium Research Libraries Group (RLG) from 1979 to 2006. He was president of the Library and Information Technology Association (LITA), a division of the American Library Association (ALA) in 1992-3.
Crawford is the author of a variety of articles and lectures, and books. His book Future Libraries (1995), coauthored with Michael Gorman, is held by more than 1000 libraries. His other books include Open Access (2011), Librarian's Guide to Micropublishing (2012), and MARC for Library Use (1988). Among other things, he publishes the online journal "Cites & Insights", of which he is the main author.
- "The Gold Open Access Journals Landscape 2011-2014". Directory of Open Access Journals news service. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Digital Libraries", Current Cites, US, January 1998, ISSN 1060-2356
- "LITA Presidents". American Library Association. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- April Bohannan (April 1996). "Future Libraries: Dreams, Madness, & Reality (Book Review)". The Library Quarterly. 66. doi:10.1086/602871. ISSN 0024-2519.
- "Future libraries : dreams, madness & reality (catalog listing)". Worldcat.org. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- David Gibbs (September 2011). "Open Access: What You Need to Know Now". Journal of Academic Librarianship. 37. doi:10.1016/j.acalib.2011.06.017. ISSN 0099-1333.
- Kay Neville (August 2013). "Librarian's Guide to Micropublishing". Australian Library Journal. 62. doi:10.1080/00049670.2013.811768. ISSN 0004-9670.
- Judith Hudson (December 1990). "MARC for Library Use, Second Edition". Information Technology and Libraries. 9. ISSN 0730-9295.
- "Crawford, Walt", WorldCat, US: OCLC, retrieved 10 July 2018
- "Introducing Walt Crawford's "Cites & Insights"", OA Librarian, November 15, 2005 – via Blogspot
- Library resources in your library and in other libraries by Walt Crawford
- Cites & Insights (ISSN 1534-0937)
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|