|• Total||7.25 km2 (2.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||429 m (1,407 ft)|
|• Density||90/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Basadingen-Schlattingen (TG), Neunforn (TG), Oberstammheim, Ossingen, Truttikon, Unterstammheim|
Waltalingen is a former municipality in the district of Andelfingen in the canton of Zürich in Switzerland. On 1 January 2019 the former municipalities of Oberstammheim, Unterstammheim and Waltalingen merged into the new municipality of Stammheim.
Waltalingen has an area of 7.3 km2 (2.8 sq mi). Of this area, 62.6% is used for agricultural purposes, while 28% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 8.8% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (0.5%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
Waltalingen has a population (as of 31 December 2018) of 655. As of 2007[update], 5.6% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 7.2%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (96.3%), with Albanian being second most common ( 1.6%) and French being third ( 0.6%).
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000[update]) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 33.5% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 56.3% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 10.2%. In Waltalingen about 80.1% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Waltalingen has an unemployment rate of 1.27%. As of 2005[update], there were 89 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 34 businesses involved in this sector. 32 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 11 businesses in this sector. 62 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 16 businesses in this sector.
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 28-Jul-2009
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 23 September 2019
- Official website (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Waltalingen.|