Way Out Here (song)
|"Way Out Here"|
|Single by Josh Thompson|
|from the album Way Out Here|
|Released||March 29, 2010|
|Format||Airplay, CD single|
David Lee Murphy
|Josh Thompson singles chronology|
"Way Out Here" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Josh Thompson. It was released in March 2010 as the second single and title track from his debut album Way Out Here. Thompson co-wrote the song with David Lee Murphy and Casey Beathard.
"Way Out Here" is a ballad, mostly accompanied by acoustic guitar. In it, the narrator tells of his rural upbringing, and the way he was raised.
Paul Brian of Engine 145, gave the song a thumbs-down rating. His review criticized Thompson's vocals for "[simmering] with anger, despair, and moral force as the song approaches numerous key concerns including the economy, military service, work ethic, religious belief, gun ownership, governance, and musical taste."
"Way Out Here" debuted at number 57 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated March 20, 2010, and then fell off the next week. However, it re-entered the country chart at number 58 on the chart dated April 3, 2010. In September 2010, it peaked at number 15 on the chart.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
|US Billboard Hot 100||85|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||58|
- Brian, Paul (2010-03-31). "Josh Thompson - "Way Out Here"". Engine 145. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Morris, Edward (2010-03-13). "Billy Currington Trumps Josh Turner, Lady Antebellum Raves On". CMT.com. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- "Josh Thompson – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Josh Thompson.
- "Josh Thompson – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Josh Thompson.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.