|11th Mayor of Upper Hutt|
|Preceded by||Rex Kirton|
|Profession||Mayor of Upper Hutt|
|Website||Official council website|
Wayne Guppy JP, has been the Mayor of Upper Hutt since 2001.
Guppy was educated at St. Patrick's College in the Upper Hutt suburb of Silverstream. He obtained a Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. In the Upper Hutt 'Leader' of 14 April 1987 he was named as lecturer in clinical pharmacy, Hutt Hospital, and group chairman of the pharmacy practice department, at Upper Hutt's Central Institute of Technology. His wife, Sue, ran Guppy's Pharmacy. Guppy was first voted onto Upper Hutt City Council in 1998 and was the chair of the Consents Committee for that three-year term. At the next local body election in 2001, he was elected Mayor of Upper Hutt with a majority of around 6,000 votes and has been mayor since. In the 2007 local election, he was returned unopposed. Guppy and Chris Hipkins launched a petition in 2009 opposing the proposed merger of the Upper Hutt and Lower Hutt police districts.
He is married to Sue and they have two daughters. They live in the Upper Hutt suburb of Heretaunga. Guppy is currently the president of the Upper Hutt Rugby Football Club. He is a Justice of the peace.
- "Wayne Guppy". Elections 2010. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "His Worship the Mayor - Wayne Guppy, JP". Upper Hutt City Council. Retrieved 13 October 2011.
- "Deputy mayor takes Wellington". TV One. 13 October 2001. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Williams, Colin (21 July 2010). "Sparrow v Guppy in mayoral race". Upper Hutt Leader. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Hipkins, Chris (23 February 2009). "Petition opposing police merger launched". Chris Hipkins MP. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Contact Us". Upper Hutt Rugby Football Club. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
|Mayor of Upper Hutt