Type of site
|Created by||Hanan Weiskopf, Ehud Zamir|
wePapers was a document-sharing website, geared mainly towards college and university students, although fully accessible by anyone. wePapers allows users to share and find documents within various academic fields. wePapers also allows users and classes to create virtual communities. wePapers uses Adobe Flash technology to display documents from all major types (Word, PowerPoint, PDF, OpenOffice.org Documents, etc.) within the web browser, on the wePapers website. wePapers also allows users to embed documents on their own web pages, as well as download and print out the documents.
The company was founded by Israeli entrepreneurs and students Hanan Weiskopf and Ehud Zamir, in October 2008. wePapers initially began as a blog which Weiskopf created for one of his classes. wePapers.com launched later that year. wePapers was self-funded together with funding from angel investors in Israel and New York.
- http://www.rev2.org/2008/11/30/wepapers-expanding-your-knowledge-or-cheating/ wePapers Expanding Your Knowledge or Cheating?
- http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/05/stories/2009010552801400.htm New look-up aids to on-line research
- Italia Magazine, wePapers, ricerca e condivisione note per scuole, Matteo 12/01/2009 
- Interview with the co-founders (Hebrew)
- http://www.crunchbase.com/company/wepapers/ wePapers Company Profile on CrunchBase