9.7 / October, 2014
|Type||Integrated Development Environment|
It allows development in webMethods Flow which is a graphical programming language designed to simplify and speed up integration application development. With version 7 of the webMethods product suite, webMethods Developer started to be replaced by webMethods Designer, an Eclipse-based IDE. This transition has not been finished yet and both products exist side by side.
Note that it does not store code or execute application logic locally as it is merely a client which instructs the Integration Server to perform those actions.
- writing graphical flow and java services (the programming logic)
- defining and modifying documents and mapping logic
- testing, debugging and executing services
- creation and configuration of web services
- editing adapter service and notifications (used to connect with external systems)