|• Mayor||Daniel Töpfer|
|• Total||22.14 km2 (8.55 sq mi)|
|Elevation||375 m (1,230 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (880/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The Weissach axle is named after the town, where the research centre of Porsche is located. The Porsche 918 Spyder supercar was developed in Weissach; Porsche offered an optional US$84,000 "Weissach package" that featured reduced weight and improved aerodynamics.
Erich Hartmann (born April 19, 1922, in Weissach, died September 20, 1993 in Weil im Schönbuch) was a Luftwaffe pilot in World War 2. With 352 confirmed kills, he was the most successful fighter pilot in the history of air combat.
- 1948–1972: Herrmann Kempf
- 1973–1997: Wolfgang Lucas
- 1997–2005: Roland Portmann
- 2005–2006: Reinhard Riesch
- 2006–2014: Ursula Kreutel
- since 2014: Daniel Töpfer
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- Udy, Jason. "Build a $1,000,000 Porsche 918 Spyder in Official Configurator". Motortrend.com. Motor Trend. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
|This Böblingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|