This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Werner Gitt (born 22 February 1937 in Stallupönen, East Prussia, Germany) is a German engineer and young earth creationist. Before retirement, he was Head of the Department of Information Technology at the German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt).
Dr. Gitt was an engineering professor at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, Germany's national institute for natural and engineering sciences. By the 1990s he was assuming a leadership role in the German creationary movement, through the publication of several influential creationary books. He was one of the leaders of the nondenominational Wort und Wissen (Word and Knowledge) society, the largest creationary society in Germany. He has written articles for a creationary apologetics web site.
- 1992 Questions - that always get asked (Fragen - die immer wieder gestellt werden)(ISBN 3-89397-184-X)
- 1993 Did God use Evolution? (Schuf Gott durch Evolution?) (ISBN 3-89397-725-2)
- 1993 Signals from Space - Why are there Stars? (Signale aus dem All - Wozu gibt es Sterne?) (ISBN 3-89397-705-8)
- 1994 If Animals Could Talk (Wenn Tiere reden könnten)(ISBN 3-89397-760-0)
- 1997 In the Beginning was Information (Am Anfang war die Information)(ISBN 3-89397-255-2)
- 1999 The Wonder of Man (ISBN 3-89397-397-4)
- 2000 In the Beginning was the Big Bang? (Am Anfang war der Urknall?)(ISBN 3-89397-433-4)
- 2001 Time And Eternity (Zeit und Ewigkeit)(ISBN 3-89397-473-3)
- Numbers, Ronald (30 November 2006). The Creationists: From Scientific Creationism to Intelligent Design, Expanded Edition. Harvard University Press. p. 409. ISBN 0-674-02339-0.
- Werner Gitt's web site
- Biography from Answers in Genesis
- Information Theory and Creationism: Werner Gitt at the TalkOrigins Archive
|This creationism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|