Wesselburen (German pronunciation: [vɛsəlˈbuːʁən]) is a municipality in the district of Dithmarschen in the German Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein. It is situated near the North Sea coast, approximately 11 km west of Heide.
Wesselburen is part of the Amt ("collective municipality") Büsum-Wesselburen.
- Christian Friedrich Hebbel, 1813–1863, poet and dramatist
- Christian Otto Mohr, 1835–1918, civil engineer
- Adolf Bartels, 1862–1945, journalist and poet antisemitic poet and literary historian
- Jil Sander, born in 1943, fashion designer
- Kirsten Fehrs (born 1961), bishop
- Christian Otto Mohr (1835-1918), civil engineer
- Max Pauly (1907-1946), concentration camp commander and war criminal
Windmills near Wesselburen