Western Naval Task Force
This Western Naval Task Force topic, formerly a disambiguation page, should provide at least a brief description of the topic and index all the notable examples that have Wikipedia articles.
Western Naval Task Force was the name used for several groups of warships during amphibious landings in World War II.
- A force under Rear-Admiral Hewitt that landed US Army units during the Operation Torch, the Allied invasion of French North Africa in 1942
- A force under Rear-Admiral Hewitt that landed US Army units during the Allied invasion of Sicily in 1943
- A force under Admiral Hewitt that landed the US Fifth Army during the Allied invasion of Italy in 1943
- A force under Admiral Kirk that landed the US First Army during the invasion of Normandy in 1944
- A force under Admiral Hewitt that landed the US Army during the Operation Dragoon, the Allied invasion of Southern France in 1944
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.