This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
What Investment is a British magazine published monthly by Vitesse Media. The magazine was established in 1982. The publication is distributed through branches of W H Smith as well as directly to subscribers. The magazine also has an online presence in the form of a website which provides news for retail investors on funds, stocks, shares, and markets.
The online magazine has two weekly newsletters: What Investment Trader - which is sent to digital readers on a Monday focussing on direct equity investment, large cap stocks, and day trading (shares, spread betting, CFDs, Forex margin trading, and covered warrants). The traditional What Investment Newsletter concentrates on unit trusts, investment trusts, and exchange traded products.What investment was created by Gregory Thain, who was also the original publisher. What investment was an essential source of investment news to the small/medium size investor prior to internet. The magazine launched the extremely successful "job blogs" column that was often the top performing share tipster in the'80.
The following persons have been editor of What Investment:
- 2017-present Ingrid Smith
- 2017 (acting) Ben Rossi
- 2015-2017 David Thorpe
- 2011-2015 Nicholas Britton
- 2009-2011 Joe McGrath
- 2009 (acting) Jennifer Lowe
- 1990-2009 Keiron Root
- 1982-1989 Christopher Gilchrist
- McGrath, Joe (22 January 2011). "The investors for whom small is often beautiful". The Independent. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- Irvine, Yuill (27 January 2007). "Property is in an asset class all of its own". The Scotsman. Retrieved 12 December 2011.
- "Board backing for Vitesse". The Scotsman. 18 March 2007. Retrieved 12 December 2011.