Technology company,that worked with Hutchson and Yahoo
The company was founded in 1995 with a purpose of producing geocoding technology for partners. In 1998 it acquired GDC, and GDC's global geo-database, GeoPlanet. In 2002, the company was awarded a contract to deliver the underlying technology for Hutchison 3G geo services.
In 2002, the company spun off GDC in a management buyout, but retained GeoPlanet. In 2003 the company again reorganized with a view of generating web technology for geolocation, named InternetLocality, for the extraction of location information out of web content and web searches, which eventually led to the Yahoo acquisition in 2005 for integration with Yahoo! Search Marketing project Panama. The whereonearth internet toolset is partly available as part of the Yahoo Developer network .
- "Yahoo! and Whereonearth Get More Relevant Together". Yahoo. 2005-10-18. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- "Whereonearth has completed the spin-off of GDC through a successful management buyout". GEO: connexion. 2 (1): 62. 2002.
- "Hutchison 3G (H3G) selects Location Based Services technology partners; whereonearth".
- "Digital Envoy and Whereonearth Partner to Revolutionize the Delivery of Local Search and Online Advertising". Archived from the original on 17 June 2006.
- "Digital Envoy and Whereonearth Partner to Revolutionize the Delivery of Local Search and Online Advertising". Business Wire. 2005-03-02.
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|