This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Elizabeth Haran was born in 1954 in Bulawayo, Rhodesia and migrated to Australia as a child. She has written sixteen novels set in Australia and is currently working on the seventeenth. In the Valley of the Flaming Sun, published in 2007, spent eleven weeks on the German magazine "Der Spiegel" best seller list. Haran‘s novels are all adventure/love stories set in Australia in the 19th and 20th century. Her books have been published in ten countries (Germany, Bulgaria, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, English speaking countries as e-books and Latvia) have sold more than 1.5 million copies in Germany.
Haran began writing in her thirties and produces a book every year. She travels to the settings of her books to get a feel for the area and to do research. Elizabeth lives in Adelaide, South Australia with her family.
So far, Elizabeth Haran has published fourteen novels with the fifteenth due for release in 2015 and with the sixteenth due for release in 2016:
- A Woman For All Seasons, 2001
- The Heart of a Sunburned Land, 2002
- Sunset over Eden, 2003
- Stars in the Southern Sky, 2004
- River of Fortune, 2005
- Whispers in the Wind, 2006
- Under a Flaming Sky, 2007
- The Tantanoola Tiger, 2008
- Dance of the Fiery Blue Gums, 2009
- A Faraway Place in the Sun, 2010
- The Mundi-Mundi Legend, 2011
- Beyond the Red Horizon, 2012
- Walkabout Country, 2013
- Flight of the Jabiru, 2015
- Staircase to the Moon, 2016
The Heart of a Sunburned Land
This book was published in German and Russian.
Sunset over Eden
This book is set in the Queensland sugar cane town of Innisfail. The town is just recovering after being devastated in a cyclone. This book was published in German, Slovakian, Croatian, Czechoslovakian and Russian.
Stars in the Southern Sky
This book is set in Birdsville, Queensland, one of the most isolated towns in Australia. Elizabeth changed the name of the town to Kangaroo Crossing for the book. Foreign language editions of the book have been published in German, Czechoslovakian and Russian.
River of Fortune
This book was published in German, Czechoslovakian and Russian.
Whispers in the Wind
This book is set on Kangaroo Island, off the coast of South Australia. This book was published in German, Czechoslovakian and Russian.
All audiobooks are available in German only.
- "A Woman For All Seasons" German title "Ein Hoffnungsstern am Himmel", 2008
- "The Island Of Red Earth" German title "Die Insel der roten Erde", 2008
- "In The Valley Of The Flaming Sun" German title "Im Tal der flammenden Sonne", 2008
All English e-Books are available since May 2013
- Island of Whispering Winds
- River of Fortune
- Under a Flaming Sky
The newest English e-Book is available in spring 2015
- Dreams Under the Red Sun (original title: Flight of the Jabiru)