Whistle for Willie
|Author||Ezra Jack Keats|
|Illustrator||Ezra Jack Keats|
|Genre||Children's picture book|
The protagonist, Peter, wants to be able to call his dog Willie by whistling. Although it hurts him after a while he doesn't give up and eventually succeeds.
Ann Marie Sammataro of Common Sense Media said that it 'celebrates a child's ingenuity'. Kirkus Reviews stated, 'The Caldecott prize winner has captured in words and eye-stopping pictures a big day in a small boy's life...'
In 1964, Jan Harvey narrates and play the characters in cartoon film.
- "Whistle for Willie Printables". www.teacherspayteachers.com. TeachersPayTeachers. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Whistle for Willie". www.homeschoolshare.com. Homeschool Share. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Whistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats". www.school.familyeducation.com. Pearson Education Inc. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Whistle For Willie". www.commonsensemedia.org. Common Sense Media Inc. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Whistle for Willie". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media. 1 September 1964. Retrieved 22 March 2015.