Why They Call It Falling
|"Why They Call It Falling"|
|Single by Lee Ann Womack|
|from the album I Hope You Dance|
|B-side||"I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Something"|
|Released||April 2, 2001|
|Songwriter(s)||Don Schlitz, Roxie Dean|
|Lee Ann Womack singles chronology|
"Why They Call It Falling" is a song written by Don Schlitz and Roxie Dean and recorded by American country artist Lee Ann Womack. It was released in April 2001 as the third single from her CD, I Hope You Dance; it peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks.
Editors at Billboard called the song "A stunning ballad that showcases the chanteuse's heart-in-throat vocals." They also said, "It's a savvy lyric, and Womack's tender, vulnerable delivery perfectly complements the song. Add to that Mark Wright's production, which keeps everything swirling and swelling around her vocals, and it's a small sonic masterpiece. Womack continues to distinguish herself as the most compelling young female vocalist in country music."
"Why They Call It Falling" debuted at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of April 7, 2001.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||78|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||58|
- Billboard Single Spotlight Review - Lee Ann Womack (April 14, 2001)
- Jessen, Wade. "COUNTRY CORNER." Billboard 113.16 (2001): 28. Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 6 June 2011.
- "Lee Ann Womack – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Lee Ann Womack.
- "Lee Ann Womack – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Lee Ann Womack.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.