Wikipedia:Child protection proposals
Wikipedia's formal policy on child protection is Wikipedia:Child protection. There is also advice for parents. This 'project space' area is intended to provide a workshop and sandbox to develop ideas, answer questions, and offer some proposals in this area.
In respect of 'on wiki' behaviour
- How should the revelation of personal information by children on Wikipedia be handled?
- How should interaction between adult and child contributors that appears inappropriate be handled?
- Should child contributors be formally identified as such, privately or publicly, to facilitate protection?
The 'off wiki' world
- Should general guidelines for 'real world' meetups be discussed / implemented?
- Do any Meetups occur at private residences?
- Is there any generally accepted practice in regard to minors at Meetups?
In general terms
- Should Wikipedia provide means for parents/guardians to restrict the type of Wikipedia content viewable and/or editable by children?
- What might we learn from other communities on the issue of child protection?