Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/U.S. Interest Bearing Notes (1864) set
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 26 Jun 2014 at 23:44:47 (UTC)
- High quality, high EV (presented as a set).
An issued set of Interest Bearing Notes (IBN) authorized under the Act of March 3, 1863 and issued during 1864 for one or two years at a 5% interest rate. The rarity of these issued notes range from 28 known ($10) to 9 known ($20), 7 known ($50), and 2 known ($100). One and two year IBN were circulated in denominations of $500, $1,000 and $5,000 but no surviving issued examples exist.
Original – A four-note set of issued one and two year 1864 Interest Bearing Notes (IBN) .
- Articles in which these images appear
- Interest Bearing Note
- FP category for this image
- Both the American and Continental Banknote Companies under contract to the United States Department of the Treasury, as well as the U.S. Department of the Treasury itself.
From the National Numismatic Collection, NMAH, Smithsonian Institution.
Images by Godot13.
- Support as nominator – Godot13 (talk) 23:44, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support - Good work. — Crisco 1492 (talk) 06:17, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support — Historically interesting. Sca (talk) 13:22, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support Jee 08:26, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
- Support Adam Cuerden (talk) 22:22, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Promoted File:US-$10-IBN-1864-Fr.196a.jpg --Armbrust The Homunculus 23:59, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Promoted File:US-$20-IBN-1864-Fr.197.jpg --Armbrust The Homunculus 23:59, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Promoted File:US-$50-IBN-1864-Fr.203.jpg --Armbrust The Homunculus 23:59, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Promoted File:US-$100-IBN-1864-Fr-204.jpg --Armbrust The Homunculus 23:59, 26 June 2014 (UTC)