Welcome to WikiProject Israel Museum, Jerusalem on the English and Hebrew Wikipedia. We are a group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of topics related to the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
On July 19, 2011, Wikimedia Israel met with representatives of the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, who were quite receptive. This project exists to organize collaboration with the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, paving the way for future Wiki-Academies, meet-ups and general cooperation between the Israel Museum, Jerusalem and the Wikimedia community.
Following the success of Wikimania Haifa 2011, and in response to the IMJ presentation, a follow-up meeting took place at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem on August 10, 2011. Attendees included Liam Wyatt, Cultural partnerships fellow at Wikimedia Foundation, members of Wikimedia Israel, local and international Wikimedia volunteers, and senior staff representatives of the Israel Museum. All were overwhelmingly receptive to the project proposal.
The project generally considers any article related to the Israel Museum, Jerusalem to be within its direct scope.
In addition any article relating to Israeli Art or Israeli Artists will fall into the WikiProject Israel Museum, Jerusalem/Information Center for Israeli Art project's scope.
At the meeting with the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, Wikipedians proposed the following cooperative activities between the Israel Museum, Jerusalem and the Community:
- Meet-ups at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem for in-person development of high-importance Israel Museum, Jerusalem collection content
- Wiki-Academies where Wikipedians teach IMJ staff how to interact with Wikipedia and the Wikipedia community
- IMJ staff workshops with Wikipedians to increase their awareness and use of IMJ resources in article-writing
- Volunteer Support
- Wikipedian in Residence — A Wikipedian who can:
- Connect Wikipedians with curators and other IMJ staff for collaborations
- Analyze and manage content on Wikipedia to best benefit the missions of both the IMJ and the Wikipedia community
- Coordinate competitions to improve IMJ-related text and media content on Wikipedia
- Improved access to Israel Museum, Jerusalem resources, such as libraries and archives, in turn allowing volunteers to improve research for Wikipedia content
- Content Development
- Wikipedian organization and development of Israel Museum, Jerusalem-related content on Wikipedia
- Wikipedian and museum staff organization and development of Israeli artist biographies based on material from the Information Center for Israeli Art, Israel Museum, Jerusalem on Wikipedia. A first project will be creating biographies for Israeli Artists on Wikipedia.
- Clearer identification and attribution of media from, by the Israel Museum, Jerusalem on Wikimedia sites
- Monitoring use of images from the Israel Museum and links to the Israel Museum
- The sharing of Israel Museum, Jerusalem knowledge, with Wikipedia to increase visibility of collections and use of materials
- An example of an accurate link to IMJ collections on artist Wiki page
The list is only a proposed plan of action, and future events and activities will be planned with the cooperation of various groups within the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
Watchlist and Cleanup
Article Alerts and Cleanup listings
- No Article alerts at this time.