The exhibition's theme for 2014 is "digital society", and on that occasion, Wikimedians and other members of the digital society have been invited to contribute to the design of the exhibition or of particular exhibits, or to make suggestions on how any aspect of the digital society can be presented in a way that engages the public in Germany and Austria.
Due to this outreach nature of the project, all project materials are in German, and this English page can only provide a very rough overview.
- Project page (in German)
- Most recent updates in this blog post from the launch of the ship.
- The deadline for submissions of ideas for exhibits was July 26, 2013. A proposal on open data by the Open Knowledge Foundation Germany has been accepted and was worked on in collaboration with Wikimedia Deutschland.
- Software development took place at https://github.com/wmde/MSWissenschaft .
- The final version of any hardware component of the exhibit has been assembled near the boat by February, ready for integration into the exhibition.
- The ship is cruising from April to September 2014.
- There is a Computer History Museum exhibit planned for October 2013 onwards that has a similar scope and will be presented at Wikimania.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MS Wissenschaft (ship, 1969).|
- A blog post on why Wikimedia Germany and OKF Germany participate in 2014
- A press release on the start of the ship's tour in 2013, for which the topic was demographic change.
- A blog post on the 2011 tour focused on medicine.