|About the Residency||Events||Content Audit|
About the Residency
As of January 2019, the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland is hosting a Wikimedian in Residence, in order to explore how the Society can engage better with the Wikimedia projects, and move towards more open ways of working.
This is an experimental model for a residency supported by WMUK, in which an existing member of staff has been identified to take on the role of Wikimedian. The aim is to embed engagement with the Wikimedia projects within the everyday work of the society. The Wikimedian in Residence is DougRM.
Aims & Objectives
- To perform the key aims and responsibilities as set out in Exhibit 1: Duties and Responsibilities of WIR
- To work towards the improvement of quality of Wikimedia project’s content, particularly relating to the collections and content of the Institution
- To promote digital engagement through the Wikimedia projects in areas relating to the work of the Institution
- To provide training opportunities for staff, volunteers, researchers and members of the public associated with the Institution
- To facilitate knowledge exchange and knowledge co-creation
- To make information and/or materials held by the Institution available via the Wikimedia projects, e.g. releasing text, images and other multimedia files under an open license
|Period Covered||Date of Report||Full Report|
|January - March 2019||31st March||Three Month Report - read full|
|April - June 2019||24th July||Six Month Report - read full|
|July - Sept 2019||8th November||Nine Month Report - read full|