Wikipedia:India Education Program/Courses/Fall 2011/Computational Methods in Engineering
|Need help? Click the "Discussion" tab and leave a question or request,
or #wikipedia-en-classroom connect
MA 5112, Computational methods in Engineering is mathematics course for first year M Tech(Production)(I semester) students, at College of Engineering, Pune. The class has a strength of nearly 18 students.
The wikipedia based assignments are a substitute for the regular quiz worth 10 marks. Students are required to work on wikipedia page assigned to them. This section is only about the Wikipedia part of the course. (To be updated after discussion with Campus Ambassadors)
- The Directory of WikiProjects is a good place to begin your search. In addition, the WikiProject for Mathematics is located at Wikipedia:WikiProject Mathematics.
- For more specific classification explore these sources:
2011 July 31
- Overview of the course
- Introduction to the Wikipedia part of the course
- Introduction to "Why Wikipedia"
- HANDOUT: "Welcome to Wikipedia" brochure
- Campus Ambassadors introduce Wikipedia
- How to edit Wikipedia
- Tips on creating good Wikipedia Pages
- Complete this form
2011 Aug 26
- Students to get introduced to Wikipedia browsing
- Students to create user accounts, user pages, and update this page
- Get your Wikipedia page finalized by the instructor
31 Aug 2011
- Students to get assigned a campus ambassador and update this page with the name
- Make first edits to your assigned pages
- Write on talk pages of other students
2011 Sep 15
- Introduction to IRC chat
- Initial study on the topic assigned
- Discuss your updates with the Mentor/Instructor
2011 Sep 30
- Review Meeting involving all participants
- Introduction to Wikipedia Sandboxes
- Write a summary of your changes in your sandbox
2011 Oct 15
- Detailed study of the topic assigned
- Begin expanding the assigned page with lot of content added to it
2011 Oct 30
- Review the work of at least two other groups
- Possibly update their assigned wiki pages/talk pages
- Finalize the changes to your wikipedia Page. Mention the last edit on this page (deadline: Oct 25th 2011, 6 pm)
- Open discussion with each group about their Wikipedia experience
Instructions for the students
Update this page with listing of your pair in the last section. Also list the page assigned to you and the name of your mentor campus ambassador. On your last edit, update the last edit link as well.
Some helpful resources
- Go to the Wikipedia main page and have a look at all the features of Wikipedia.
- To know the difference between an encyclopedia and an essay look at section 2.2 of this article: Wikipedia:What Wikipedia Is Not
List of students
Please maintain this list in order sorted on Roll No. Also put up links to the pages that you are editing, your user-id.