Jump to navigation Jump to search
These accounts will have access to the following resources:
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography is the national record of men and women who have shaped British history and culture, worldwide, from the Romans to the 21st century. ODNB offers concise, up-to-date biographies written by named, specialist authors. It is overseen by academic editors at Oxford University, UK.
- American National Biography Online
- The landmark American National Biography (ANB) offers portraits of more than 18,700 men and women -- from all eras and walks of life -- whose lives have shaped the nation. The ANB Online features over 2,700 illustrations, more than 80,000 hyperlinked cross-references, links to select web sites, and powerful search and browse capabilities.
- Oxford Art Online (Grove Art and Benezit)
- Oxford Art Online offers access to the most authoritative, inclusive, and easily searchable online art resources available today. On a single platform you can cross-search the expanding range of Oxford’s acclaimed art reference works: Grove Art Online and the Benezit Dictionary of Artists, as well as many specially commissioned articles and bibliographies available exclusively online. Oxford Art Online has over 20,000 images and over 230,000 entries on art and artists.
- Oxford Music Online (Grove Music)
- Grove Music Online is the eighth edition of Grove’s Dictionary of Music and Musicians, and contains articles commissioned specifically for the site. Grove Music Online has over 100,000 entries, with topics ranging from biographies of musicians to entries about the physical structure and assembly of instruments, Grove Music Online is the preeminent digital encyclopedia for all things music related.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online
- Developed cooperatively with scholars and librarians worldwide, Oxford Bibliographies offers exclusive, authoritative research guides. Combining the best features of an annotated bibliography and a high-level encyclopedia, this cutting-edge resource guides researchers to the best available scholarship across a wide variety of subjects.
- Oxford Handbooks Online
- Oxford Handbooks Online brings together the world's leading scholars to write review essays that evaluate the current thinking on a field or topic, and make an original argument about the future direction of the debate. The Oxford Handbooks are one of the most successful and cited series within scholarly publishing, containing in-depth, high-level articles by scholars at the top of their field and for the first time, the entire collection of work across 14 subject areas is available here.
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) is a vast and rapidly-expanding research library, and has grown to be one of the leading academic research resources in the world. Oxford Scholarship Online offers full-text access to scholarly works from key disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, science, medicine, and law, providing quick and easy access to award-winning Oxford University Press scholarship. Launched in 2003 with four subject modules, Oxford Scholarship Online is now available in the below 20 subject areas.
- Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Reference brings together 2 million digitized entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias, Oxford Reference is the premier online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas.
- New additions for 2016-17
- Electronic Enlightenment
- Electronic Enlightenment is the most wide-ranging online collection of edited correspondence of the early modern period, linking people across Europe, the Americas and Asia from the early 17th to the mid-19th century. EE gives you access to more than 70,000 historical documents in which more than 8,500 historical figures discuss everything from religious tolerance to animal rights, vulcanology to classical archeology, economic modelling to celebrity culture.
See the list of target articles for Electronic Enlightenment.