This group is dedicated to improving the quality of submarine-related topics and articles. In the long term, we hope to create one of the largest featured topics on Wikipedia. All articles related to submarines, with the exception of ships sunk by submarines, are in the scope of this group. Included are:
- submarine class articles,
- submarine articles, submarine type articles,
- articles on battles in which submarines took part,
- submarine engine articles,
- submarine innovation articles,
- articles on treaties or conferences regarding submarines,
- submarine weaponry articles, and
- submarine tactics articles.
Inactive members are those who have not edited actively on the subject of submarines in the last month. If you have decided to repent of your mistake in ceasing to improve submarine articles (humor intended, not sarcasm), please move your name back up to the Active members section.
This project is named after multiple things named 'nautilus.' Firstly and foremost, this project is named after the first nuclear powered submarine, the USS Nautilus (SSN-571). Secondly, the project is named after one of the most able mariners of the ocean deeps, the nautilus. And lastly, the project is named after the ancient mariner, ναυτίλος, the sailor.