Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/January 2012
|<< Dec | Computing desk | Feb >>|
|Welcome to the Wikipedia Computing Reference Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.|
- 1 January 1
- 2 January 2
- 3 January 3
- 4 January 4
- 5 January 5
- 6 January 6
- 7 January 7
- 8 January 8
- 9 January 9
- 10 January 10
- 11 January 11
- 12 January 12
- 13 January 13
- 14 January 14
- 15 January 15
- 16 January 16
- 17 January 17
- 18 January 19
- 19 January 20
- 20 January 21
- 21 January 22
- 22 January 23
- 23 January 24
- 24 January 25
- 25 January 26
- 26 January 27
- 27 January 28
- 28 January 29
- 29 January 30
- 30 January 31
- fuses that can be attached to a printed resistive heating device so as to maintain a temperature range ie: 100 degrees F
- malfunctioning header and footer in HTML file
- Laptop Purchase
- Keyboard layout defaults to English/US on Fedora 14 Linux
- Wikipedia-related blog aggregators
- Pop up blocker for specific site?
- What's wrong with the external link check?
- MySQL5 password brute force
- Firefox Stopping & Starting
- Mercury (element)
- MySQL fuzzy select field name
- Latin characters in Unicode
- User Limit on Software Installation
- Can't access external hard drive
- Clicking scroll wheel to go to full-screen mode?
- How to select proper PSU for my PC with new GPU card upgrade
- Two sets of earbuds in one iPhone 3GS
- Is face detection involves matching faces
- C# cannot convert from char to string
- Delete facebook
- Multithreaded Apartment in Visual Basic Application
- Computers that degrade with age
- Does Video card affect video playback performance?
- What's the best way to restore a computer to its factory state?
- Free MS-DOS games?
- VPN in other countries
- Website prices
- Norwegian letter
- How do I install "F22 Lightning II" on my W7 system?
- Folder COM
- Table of Contents Greasemonkey userscript
- Is redstone Turing complete?
- Forcing internet access to require a user name and password (Win XP and DSL modem)
- Win 7 flaky on system resume
- Strange "WUDFHost.exe" process - Please help
- SearchIndexer.exe & SearchProtocolHost.exe keeping computer busy
- Oversized display area for hidden systray icons
- Really good virtual reality
- The Wikipedia search facility is seriously broken
- Synthesizer voice
- Google search
- Question about destructors in C++
- How to raise an IOI kid?
- problem with networking
- Identifying people on Twitter
- Do Android developers dream of owning lots of physical Android phones?
- Typing password twice in Windows 7
- Average amount of time for two-qubit entanglement.
- laser toner compostable?
- 8GB of RAM, but OS only seeing 7?
- MatLab help
- <div> tag margins and displaytitle
- Google Account
- Alternatives to texvc in MediaWiki
- Smartphones and apps that run everywhere
- Connecting an Atari standard joystick to a modern PC?
- Boosting WiFi with aluminum foil
- Issue with java and thread halting.....
- iPad charging
- Amateur architectural design programs
- DOWN LOAD SOFT WARE OF BENZ ACTRESS COMPUTER SYSYTEM
- C# getting the amplitude of the sound read by the microphone
- 15 inch cheap thin ssd like zenbook?
- ASP.NET session expiring
- regex problem
- report of censoring by Wikipedia Chinese web site
- How do I use phpMyAdmin
- Columns in EPUB
- Skype on smartphones: 3G or wifi
- How can a web crawler see what we can't?
- Best program for a text-based shooter game
- "Can't extract MFC42.DLL"
- Upgrading RAM while hibernated
- Average amount of time for two-qubit entanglement.
- Looking for a 3d First Person Shooter/Engine/Game Making System that Allows Tinkering with Enemy AI
- every time i search the web my internet explorer stops working what can i do to fix this problem?
- The difference of TouchWiz and Android?
- Embedding a video into PPT 2003
- Split files unrecognized
- Quantum OpenCL?
- Can you blackout jan 18 to protest the SOPA act?
- Finding names of Flash files/Associated flash content
- Is machine translation really a CS topic or a linguistics one?
- I need help with a TV remote!!!
- Opening download.
- Is it possible for a Photoshop tool's effect to "wrap around" an image?
- "multiple networks" on a Windows 7 home network
- Good wikipedia mirror?
- When does the blackout start
- Xbox 360 emulator
- Tor Proxy
- Weird letter characters
- One question about SOPA.
- Is there some way to look up the non-toll free number that a toll free number goes to?
- What is filling up my Harddrive? (After installing Windows7Ultimate from DVD)
- another networking problem
- Platform-dependent C++ problem regarding standard out
- Word styles
- IPv6 transitioning
- USB Using Processing Power
- Word 2007 Error
- Recognizing Counterfeit Credit Cards
- Download an on-line video?
- Timer limit on Digital video recorders
- New monitor flickers only while gaming
- How to speed up the floppy drive in VICE?
- iPad bookmarks
- Sharing big files
- seizing websites: how does it technically work?
- Hot CPU?
- Referrer spam possible in non-bot traffic?
- "expert" user-generated content
- Some files missing - TestDisk didn't help
- service providers and passwords
- Sophos and Spyware Quarantines
- Free certificate authorities?
- Keyboarding Pro 4, Pro 5 , Pro 6 and Keyboading Course 1-25 w/Keyboarding 6
- SQL query
- Image Processing using Fourier Transforms in MATLAB
- Patent for content downloads
- Is there a way to call a toll free number without them seeing your number that doesn't cost a fortune?
- Brute-force attacks against Gmail passwords
- Where can I learn to build my own mobile apps?
- why is my sparkle nvidia geforce 210 512mb graphics card not working?
- Information Technology Foundations
- Making a New Word Doc from An Existing doc
- drop-in code for a survey on my web page
- So what happenswhen you divide by zero?
- Hard drive prices -- am I missing something?
- Video from iTunes on Windows computer
- http://www.htc.com/in/smartphones/htc-sensation-xl/ link does not work.
- "Are you sure you want to leave the page?"
- Restart problem ........ Motherboard or software?
- Ordering a single Tegra 3 SoC
- Importance of checksums
- Key loggers on smart phones
- wifi printer setup problem
- Software writer?
- How come Windows applications sometimes keep running after they "crash"?
- YIM emoticons
- Wikipedia competition
- sending bin like a txt
- high speed video
- Speeding a Media file but also saving it speeded
- Frames to gif
- Home networks and printers
- 32-bit Vista to 64-bit
- Webseeding torrents
- Ipod touch
- Printing favorites
- need help destroying computer
- sarcasm from computers
- How to load a mouse driver without a mouse driver ?
- Refresh webpage continuously
- Meta machine learning
- Running installers on Windows 7
- Changing interfaces' colour
- Vertical bar!
- Windows media center tv guide listings die at 6pm tonight? D;
- floating point types in Windows programming languages