|Welcome to the Wikipedia Science Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 1
- Cyan stays behind
- Is this genetically possible?
- What is this thing? Strange life form?
- about gills the shark has
- Gravitation and Electromagnetism
- Gravity chat
- Question regarding dBm
- humane meat harvesting
- Pregnancy in Space
- Ungrounded alternator
- Position basis of a wave function
- What the heck is this?
- Plain water
- 'Karl Malden nose'
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 2
- Acceptability of wave function
- Solution to biting insects?
- Who has a "blood-brain barrier"?
- Ether Physics
- Second Generation Growth
- Hydrogen atom
- quantum mechanics
- conductivity of electrolites
- fingers and toes
- Light speed clarification
- Solar Panels
- Green stars?
- Insect identification
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 3
- Nose-picking in nonhumans
- What sort of math is being used?
- light propogaton versus particle stability
- pocket desert
- What are the strongest and weakest points of gravity on earth?
- At what speed do galaxies travel through the universe/space?
- Neoprene wetsuit in chlorinated water
- Minimum Sample Size for a Correlation Study
- Blood pressure in cats
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 4
- what sort of atomic radius is this?
- The real reason the most shell fish should be kept live until cooking
- X-ray background
- Fungi-related food questions
- Viewing solar eclipse
- Physics questions
- Black or white parasol?
- Work of objects in inertial motion
- Need help identifying this... thing
- What term would describe this
- Rogue pulsar
- Is there a term for this psychological phenomenon?:
- A question of comfort
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 5
- Vacuum energy
- Aqua Regia
- TRYING TO FIND AN ARTICLE ON HOW COME DOES IT SNOW
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change trends
- Cheese oxidises or loses water when exposed to air at 4 degrees celcius?
- biology red blood cells
- Pain in buttocks and legs
- Ecological Term
- Bony lumps
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 6
- Main page "Featured picture" for July 6, 2009
- Doll's rule in evolutionary biology
- How does a bicycle puncture repair kit work?
- Looking for a theory of a memory
- Cow identification
- DuPont Co. left out of General Motors history.
- Rule of thumb
- Waste disposal
- Simulate semiconductor
- Dogs and tyres
- walking across the USA
- Plant identification
- Penis again, sort of
- Bird Rescue
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 7
- Swine flu
- Solar cell from calculator harnessing
- assessing potential fish stock / resources in a region
- fish catch effort
- Coriolis effect
- Remote iris scans
- Car solenoid(?) question
- Why do we have nerves in our teeth?
- Intraocular Lens
- Late teens/early twenties
- Is this a weevil?
- Car engine clapping
- adding to an entry for my employer, a state agency
- Aluminum Garbage cans
- output per man
- Florida vs tidal wave
- Depression and violence
- Human Body Responses
- Do cations and anions of a same molecule have different Lewis structures?
- CO2 and carbon taxation
- ovarian follicles
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 8
- Paddy Mouse
- Do birds have an equivalent to the navel, as seen in mammals?
- Dislocated knuckles
- Animal intelligence and attempts to escape captivity
- Massless patricles in quantum mechanics
- Black or white aircraft paint?
- Torque multiplication in a torque converter
- Does humidity affect hair growth?
- Glycerine + Ca(OH)2 ?
- Particles that are their own antiparticles and vice versa
- Price of agricultural products
- anchors and tides
- B vitamins
- Ctenophores as human food source
- Relatedness of species / Last common ancestor
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 9
- Rubbish/Garbage Island
- What type of tick is this? Is it even a tick?
- Railroad train wheels
- Can you legally have hypodermic needles in rochester new york without a perscription?
- Latex vs polyisoprene condoms
- Purification of fish oil
- oscillators and frequency.
- Calculating time to full battery recharge
- Can lightning strike an airplane?
- Preparing for war
- Dark skin vs. fair skin
- Plasma weapons
- Barton's pendulums
- Freeview (UK) - software updates?
- Milky Way colliding with another galaxy
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 10
- SAT identification
- Coriolis force
- dino to bird query
- cauterize instead of suture
- the clap
- Ear infection
- Brain Freeze
- Zigzag pattern on railway tracks
- distance between plants
- Why is the temporal bone classified as irregular?
- Smoking tea or coffee
- Evolution of the anus
- Dirty Question
- Dirty Question II
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 11
- Washboard effect on gravel roads
- Fire particles
- Airplane glory shadow
- can i say so
- Orbital Capture of Moons
- H and O in H2O
- Combined dynamo and starter motor
- Swine flu versus ordinary flue
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 12
- What are these structures?
- Life span of the Voyager Golden Record
- About time dilation
- Dumb sheep
- Trading agro products
- Why do men and women exist? (evolutionary biology)
- Plz help me quickly(some science related questions)
- General all-over soreness and tenderness when ill
- What mechanisms trigger vasodilation?
- Abdominal muscles
- Video... thing to I.D
- Primate Relatedness
- Gametogenesis in Hermaphrodites (earthworms)
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 13
- Tornado Hypothesis
- INMARSAT segment
- What do mango pleco's eat?
- Alcohol and Exertion
- Einstein equations for scalar field plus gravitation
- Amount of life on Earth
- white paint to fight golabal warming plan?
- Optical Contact Bonding
- amateur astronomy questions.
- A spring in space
- Sky colors on remoter stars
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 14
- Electonic ab belts/abdominators/whatever they're called...
- Does anything help unjoin PVC?
- Possibility of a strabismus drug?
- distance light travels per cycle
- Gaviotas sleeve pump
- What is this plant?
- Wellness and the Wellness Wheel
- When is it too cold for Mosquitos?
- HUAUZONTLE - red or green or both ???
- Lack of hunger
- faster then the speed of light?
- Periodicity of ionization energies?
- Artists' impressions of planet surfaces
- Big Bang, how did it happen?
- Alumina ceramic
- Backup Heart
- What are the odds?
- Solubility of Ionic Compounds
- The Limit of heat?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 15
- Beetle factoid
- Ultimate Revenge/Punishment - Paralysis with no possibility of communication
- Staying upright on a bike
- light beams repel each other?
- Psychology / Lying Videos
- Water Wheel Power
- What are pavement cells?
- Cleaning oil stain from thermal plastic elastomer
- Computer chassis of sisal?
- coommon cold
- question about ticks
- Calculating the odds
- What is the danger of using 3-ohm speakers with 4-ohm receiver?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 16
- The Cancer Genome Atlas
- Plants listed by oxygen production/toxin removal
- Atmosphere and Gravity
- Pluto's diameter and why gas giant's moon number keep growing
- Glycerin free personal lubricants
- African plate
- healthy diet and muscle spasms
- Man on Moon
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 17
- Some people smell bad. Why?
- Putting fiber in my fiber
- Perception of square-wave sounds
- lcd and tft
- voltage and charging batteries.
- Theory vs. law
- Falling objects
- kindly help....for spectrophotometer
- Documenting 2009 solar eclipse
- gold plated connectors
- A thermometer broke in a hot tub
- Dry mouth
- looking for information on a type of water-powered hammer
- Mercury again
- ethyl acetate formation by cooking?
- Acidic bitterness
- colour of the moon
- green chlorophyll
- Cigarettes against tear gas?
- airspeed indicators
- Stomach aches and depression
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 18
- Car incident types
- Miscarriage question
- Can all animals store fat?
- Irreducibility of multivariate polynomials
- How far can people shout?
- Apollo Lunar Rovers
- How well known was the gravitation of the moon?
- Cute bug
- WQ Test
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 19
- Who was the first man to masturbate in space?
- Bioavailability of calcium
- Reflecting light vs color
- Needles on the skin
- What's the resolution of our eyes?
- Long-term storage of water
- Coal liquefaction economical at how many dollars per barrel?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 20
- Green things growing in water
- How much energy remains in the spent nuclear fuel produced yearly from US nuclear reactors?
- Little greedy bastard
- Beetles nesting in old disks
- Fusion of vertebrae with age - painful?
- Temperature X-Treme
- Influenza A epidemic
- Breast implant's rejection
- Explain about Prion Diseases
- Rabies vaccine
- Earth's Net Charge
- North and Suth America
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 21
- Why don't birds ever get rabies?
- Is Attachment Resistance Disorder the same as Reactive Attachment Disorder?
- Flash memory and chargeable devices
- Two identical piece of tachyon stuff hitting each other
- Common House Plants
- Medical/Scientific Term for Non-Aging
- Gravity dependence
- What kind of intelligence do mathematics require?
- Infinite amount of mass in the universe?
- ART (Active Release Techniques)
- Does this budgie have a disease?
- African plate motion
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 22
- Wikipedia articles on planets have little/no mention of the origins of the names of the planets in other languages
- Balloon chain for solar power?
- Flat satellite dish
- Pervasiveness of popcorn
- Binary poisons
- Distribution of total solar eclipes
- molar mass
- what is a megafauna?
- Darwin, evolution, etc...
- Chemical formula of waterproofing oil used by birds?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 23
- Three-part Organic Chemistry Question
- Eliminating Cat allergens
- SOLAR ECLIPSE !!!!!
- BICYCLE BALANCING???
- I Q
- coca-cola as a source of edible phosphoric acid for fischer esterification
- Boobs and Butts
- parallel people and universes
- Healthy Weight
- How do wireless led devices work?
- Copenhagen interpretation versus many worlds.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 24
- Mercury Biological Effects
- Medicinal use of "Cineraria[e] maritima"
- what is TDSi engineSaurabhasks (talk) 06:10, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- Mosquito and HIV
- temps of stellar objects
- Animals that eat 'meals'
- Cats purring
- Electric Shock
- How dehydrated was I?
- angular momentum to momentum
- Wavelength versus radius
- DC vs AC
- Do electromagnetic waves have any width?
- Engines in Space
- Eiffel Tower sticks to the Moon !!!!!!!!!!
- Impacts into Jupiter
- wave versus particle
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 25
- Could a gull lift a cat in its beak?
- HIV cure
- wavelength distribution
- purpose of neutral wire in household supply
- Man With 'Two Brains'
- Viruses - what's the point?
- David Merrell's mouse experiments
- rabbits and Hopping mouse
- Maximum sustainable population
- Substance Dependence
- Mysterious carpark bumps
- What happened to the US space VLBI program?
- Why do buildings have foundations?
- example of easy irrational problem?
- Which cow breed is this Swiss cow?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 26
- Cat bird owl?
- Light energy
- Is it common to imagine that puffins are bigger than they are?
- Name of tree?
- Black Box
- Relative velocity
- Heart transplant: nerve connections
- Elevator logic control
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 27
- Chesty Coughs
- Common mistake
- Knee surgery procedure
- Automotive suspension
- Powering a guitar amplifier outside (in DRY conditions, of course)
- XTraordinary stuff !!!
- Resources for cultivated plant identification?
- which vein is involved in echymosis over mastoid process in battles sign
- Butterfly effect - Changing the evolution of species with time travel
- What are these creatures/objects?
- day and night on gas giants
- Shotgun backfiring
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 28
- What pH ranges denature melanin?
- Super fast raster scan
- Unsolved problems in astronomy
- code for jpg please..
- When maths go horribly wrong
- Vibrating parts of the body
- killed while having sex
- How much does a ton of carbon cost at the Chicago Exchange?
- What is it called when a swallowing attempts to pull down your own throat?
- Hot air
- Chains and Pulleys
- Birds vs. Insects
- apparent size of celestial body?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 29
- Is this true or made-up? Thanks.
- Hypothetical math! ~~ Volume of water required for "the Great Flood" in Genesis?
- Conservation of energy
- Trees showing the undersides of their leaves before a summer storm
- Charging an 18V battery for a drill
- Calcium Chloride in Damprid?
- Bunsen Burners and Gas stoves
- Volume to pressure ratio?
- Damps in coal mines
- Flufenamic acid
- Dragons of Eden updates
- Eurasian plate
- Help idenfying the following yard plants
- Drugs to make me smart
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 30
- New word phenomenon?
- Spider identification
- Mortality rate relating to refusing blood and/or medical procedure on religious grounds?
- Did human muscles mutate to become weaker than those of apes and other animals?
- Eating packing peanuts
- Are there really 32 AA batteries hidden inside a 6V lantern battery?
- Waking up on falling
- Global stress meter
- Perpetual motion from electrolysis of water under high pressure?
- Casimir effect-flotation in a vacuum?
ammonium stearate??? Ammonium distrate
- "Phase shifts" in brain and IQ
- Saddle joints
- Practical problem - something light and compact to stand on
- For a women to lose weight after pregnancy
- homemade radiation treatment of food without cooking
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2009 July 31
- Grated Puffin
- Two heat transfer questions
- Retain Martian water using deuterium!!??
- Do artificial sweeteners taste like sugar to non-human species?
- how are scientists able to see something that is billions of light years away
- Did the Apollo lunar missions have a contingency plan for damaged space suit during EVA?
- Name of body groove?
- Why do attractive parents have more daughters?
- Water for both nuclear coolant and hot coffee?
- A course of drugs that can be taken before conception to reduce the risk of fetal abnormalities?
- Identification of an NZ tree
- Not hungry in the morning
- DST Boston Mass 1964
- F-104 engine
- What proportion of people with flu have swine flu?